Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Well, I tried to do some kind of research on fermenting dogs dry food, found nothing. Not even one tiny blog about it. So, if you could post your results here, that would be great.

I ended up taking my second bucket out today since it was so clogged up, I'll have to work on making the holes bigger I guess. It wasn't draining at all.
sad.png

Well, I tried to do some kind of research on fermenting dogs dry food, found nothing. Not even one tiny blog about it. So, if you could post your results here, that would be great.
I've never heard of fermenting dog food before here, but i do know if i spill any of my flocks ff on the floor my dogs are right there for clean up.
smile.png

Fermenting dog food makes sense in that it would provide them with all those beneficial bacteria we love so much :) My dogs get lots of those probios from the FF they steal from my chickens, lol. But I'm also curious about these experiments. Please keep us posted!!

I'm just not sure soaking dog food would help a dog, like chickens. I worry all that liquid would cause really bad bowel issues, not really an experiment i want to deal with. But, I am open to others results.

Thanks delisha x2, as I saw your link on the (new) OT thread as well.
Ashdoes: they drink water... Mine love added acv to their water... Besides the bacteria - good bacteria - that grows as it ferments, I don't see how "all that liquid" would cause any problems. With any diet change in dogs, I'm almost expecting an initial phase of diarrhea but I could be wrong, especially since my dogs already get those probios by helping the chickens eat their feed! LOL

Thanks delisha x2, as I saw your link on the (new) OT thread as well.
Ashdoes: they drink water... Mine love added acv to their water... Besides the bacteria - good bacteria - that grows as it ferments, I don't see how "all that liquid" would cause any problems. With any diet change in dogs, I'm almost expecting an initial phase of diarrhea but I could be wrong, especially since my dogs already get those probios by helping the chickens eat their feed! LOL
My dogs must have stomaches of steel. I change food up a lot. Whatever is convenient. They never have the runs. Unless I give Koda salsa.. He does not react well to that. Dog stole a Boston cream donut when I wasn't looking last night. Didn't even have gas.

My dogs also eat chicken FF.. I have to watch that they don't do it too much, as I'm sure it's not great for them. The dry isn't good for them, but the wet is just so enticing and they like the taste, so they go for it where they ignored the dry chicken food.

I have one with a stomach of steel (and she eats annnnnything from horse food to bird food... Only thing I haven't seen her eat is the horse's hay. She loves their oats though!) and the other has a more sensitive stomach. I was actually thinking the probios in ff would probably help him with his digestive issues. Gas, diarrhea, etc. I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's results, then may give it a try while I'm home over Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom