Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

That's really good information. Thank you for posting. I will undoubtedly start using oregano in my feed now. I have also been using thyme on occasion, not constantly but maybe once a week or so, as a preventive. Cinnamon too? I know that insects don't like cinnamon, is this the reason for feeding it? So that it would repel mites and lice from the inside or as a repellant only for internal worms?
X2!! Thank you!!

Cool I am getting 25 chicks come march and I want to try this with them. They will be my first shipped chicks in a while so I am hoping that better feed will help the babies so they don't end up with pasty butt from shipping. So far the layers have loved it although it's funny almost to the bird they all have started moulting and are almost done even though they started in December. It will be the fastest moult I have ever seen but it's funny that they decided to do it in the coldest month of the year. Silly girls.

Cool I am getting 25 chicks come march and I want to try this with them. They will be my first shipped chicks in a while so I am hoping that better feed will help the babies so they don't end up with pasty butt from shipping. So far the layers have loved it although it's funny almost to the bird they all have started moulting and are almost done even though they started in December. It will be the fastest moult I have ever seen but it's funny that they decided to do it in the coldest month of the year. Silly girls.
MY egg layers are in a big molt and like you said its the coldest time to be doing this. Just started a new batch, I had stopped due to being indoors but the molting makes me feel sorry for them

Back
Top Bottom