Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

now bee. as you know i raised in a big city. however that was along time ago. i remember as a kid. running to end of the street. where the harbor met the road. for the watermelon boats to come in.
then you got to go to the chicken store and get a chicken from mr. hoffman. that was a time before all the spoiled rotten people of today in fancy suit and ties. i was proud to grow up in baltimore. today i will not go there unless i have to.
i love the country. oh and by the way i will shoot ya quick you dare try to destroy my property.
Baltimore? That explains....Ah...I still own a house in Graceland Park, off Dundalk Avenue. Would love to sell it!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Edited to ask : Bruce, just curious, was Mr. Hoffmans chicken store on Pratt street, in the down town market district. Just curious.

I used to buy live chickens in that area but don't remember the names of the purveyors.

Last edited:
You people have got me rolling! hahahahaha I see now why I like you all, It's like family in here!!! LOL Thank God I don't have any real close neighbors! If I did I would probably be in trouble on the regular. No doubt the 24hr/day roosters crowing, the dog that LOVES to hear herself bark and bark and bark... Somebody wouldn't be happy! A few years ago when I'd get tired of my one nutty dog and the neighborhood dogs barking in the middle of the night I would go out and set a plastic 2 gallon bucket on the metal patio table and shoot off firecrackers in it. You would seriously not believe the echo!!! LOL At least my dog would shut up and I don't hear the rest from in the house. I finally blew my bucket up. :(

If I hit "multi-quote" I'd have to quote all of you, but all this "country" and far away neighbor talk is making me jealous!!! I wish I could have lots of room to have as many chickens as I please without worrying the city is gonna come knocking on my door, not to mention all the other "country" type animals/things I could have *sigh* One of these days...I'll be there!
big_smile.png

You guys just keep on posting the pics and I'll live vicariously through you! lol

Bruceh Check your messages.

I can't sleep so I'ma gonna' bake some buttermilk cat-heads. I use butter for the shoretning and so much, they don't need any when eaten...Yummy...Making myself hungrier.
clap.gif

Bruceh Check your messages.

I can't sleep so I'ma gonna' bake some buttermilk cat-heads. I use butter for the shoretning and so much, they don't need any when eaten...Yummy...Making myself hungrier.
clap.gif

I'm from Wes Virginny too. LOVE me some catheads. I can smell 'em now. Second only to a mess of ramps, IMO.

If I hit "multi-quote" I'd have to quote all of you, but all this "country" and far away neighbor talk is making me jealous!!! I wish I could have lots of room to have as many chickens as I please without worrying the city is gonna come knocking on my door, not to mention all the other "country" type animals/things I could have *sigh* One of these days...I'll be there! :D

You guys just keep on posting the pics and I'll live vicariously through you! lol

Here you go Jes, out my back door... LOL

This last one is from the back porch. You can see a little bit of the roof of the coop in the right bottom corner.

Back
Top Bottom