Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Here you go Jes, out my back door... LOL

This last one is from the back porch. You can see a little bit of the roof of the coop in the right bottom corner.
Beautiful!
love.gif
I would love to walk outside to that everyday...Thanks for sharing Triple!

If I hit "multi-quote" I'd have to quote all of you, but all this "country" and far away neighbor talk is making me jealous!!! I wish I could have lots of room to have as many chickens as I please without worrying the city is gonna come knocking on my door, not to mention all the other "country" type animals/things I could have *sigh* One of these days...I'll be there!
big_smile.png

You guys just keep on posting the pics and I'll live vicariously through you! lol

Just remember ... when you DO get there ... your neighbors are likely to have them crowing roosters and barkin' dogs
gig.gif

Just remember ... when you DO get there ... your neighbors are likely to have them crowing roosters and barkin' dogs
gig.gif
Oh no worries about that for ME! I might be a "city girl" but I can completely appreciate ALL country sounds! lol I especially love the crows of roosters in the morning. (even if my neighbors don't)
hide.gif
lol

Oh no worries about that for ME! I might be a "city girl" but I can completely appreciate ALL country sounds! lol I especially love the crows of roosters in the morning. (even if my neighbors don't):oops:  lol

You're welcome. They will probably/possibly have smells too like pigs and stinking commercial chicken barns. Yuck! lol

You're welcome. They will probably/possibly have smells too like pigs and stinking commercial chicken barns. Yuck! lol
Oh I know all about those stinky chicken rows...my family has property in North Georgia (lots of stinky chickens around that area) I think I wouldn't mind having a pig...I'll have to read up on it (Ham & eggs..Mmmmm)

You people have got me rolling! hahahahaha I see now why I like you all, It's like family in here!!! LOL Thank God I don't have any real close neighbors! If I did I would probably be in trouble on the regular. No doubt the 24hr/day roosters crowing, the dog that LOVES to hear herself bark and bark and bark... Somebody wouldn't be happy! A few years ago when I'd get tired of my one nutty dog and the neighborhood dogs barking in the middle of the night I would go out and set a plastic 2 gallon bucket on the metal patio table and shoot off firecrackers in it. You would seriously not believe the echo!!! LOL At least my dog would shut up and I don't hear the rest from in the house. I finally blew my bucket up.
sad.png

Now that's one thing I do not tolerate well...a barking dog. I don't mind a few barks when something is out there but to just sit down and bark for awhile for hours on end would send me off like a mad woman! I had a GP mix that was prone to talking all night like that but she responded well to training...she was a big sissy. I'd just yell out the back door to "shut up and git in yore house!!!!" and that would end the ruckus. Pretty soon all I'd have to do is open the back door. Then it graduated to my feet hitting the floor in the house....she was very smart and I don't know how she could hear all that and still be barking like a coonhound but she soon learned if Mama has to get to her feet, she better get that mouth shut.
gig.gif
Jake learned from all that as a pup so he became a pretty silent dog...if he barks at all, I know something big is out there.

I've lived in closer proximity to neighbors once upon a time and had to "train" the neighbor's dog about barking~ with the use of a BB gun. Didn't take long before she, too, was done with senseless barking episodes. Then I had to "train" their dog about getting into the trash~with the use of a .22 rifle. Those neighbors moved away not long after that.... Guess it doesn't pay to live next to a redneck that has a short tolerance for rudeness.

Color me green with envy. They don't grow out here, so I've been having to bribe friends in WV to send me some each spring, for the last couple years. I eat all of them my hubby can stand
lau.gif
, and then dry the rest so I can enjoy them the rest of the year. Best spring tonic out there.

Man, I miss WV some days. But my heart will always be here in Montana. People always ask where the accent is from, and I tell them I'll always be an old hillbilly. I'm just surrounded by bigger hills these days. Still walking with one leg shorter than the other, though. ;)

Oh I know all about those stinky chicken rows...my family has property in North Georgia (lots of stinky chickens around that area) I think I wouldn't mind having a pig...I'll have to read up on it (Ham & eggs..Mmmmm)

Pigs can make the hair fall out of your nose! LOL Too many in the wrong place... just bad! LOL I'm thinking about getting a couple in the spring. Depending on what's happening around here by then. Ya never know!

Back
Top Bottom