Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Sooo... you're going to be CRUEL today too! HMM!!! LOL I just went out and threw salt on top of two of my coops to TRY to melt some of this stuff. It has been sleeting since early this morning and it just sticks where it falls- not good. I need a huge old fashion barn... at the top of a hill. Enjoy that beautiful day!
smile.png
LOL Sorry Triple...
big_smile.png
It is a blessing and a curse when we hit these nice warm temps...first of WHO can EVER get used to it getting down to the 40's or 30's when it goes right back up to the 80's the next week or day for that matter(Not cool) and then goes back to being cold again??? Noone I tell ya! Unfortunately, we get cold (for FL) but we don't EVER get to experience any of that beautiful white stuff...(what's it called again..oh yeah SNOW! LOL...it's been a few years since I've been able to experience it) I love to visit it but I don't think I could handle living in it for long periods of time. I love many of the things that go along with it...changing leaves, toasty fires, and just the shear beauty of it! If we could get a little bit of it during our "winter" I'd be ecstatic.

(Sleet, not so cool as snow..yicky)

Stay WARM!!!

P.S. I know most of you would NOT consider 30* or 40* in the winter cold but...We have THIN blood down here in FL! lol

http://www.richwooders.com/ramp/ramps.htm

http://www.photorobg.com/photos/plants/wildedible/photo62--.html

Allium tricoccum
Blanco
Allium tricoccum (commonly known as ramp,[1] ramps, spring onion, ramson, wild leek,[1] wood leek,[1] and wild garlic) is an early spring vegetable, a perennial wild onion with a strong garlic-like odor and a pronounced onion flavor.[2] Ramps are found across eastern North America, from the U.S. state of South Carolina to Canada. They are popular in the cuisines of the rural uplands of the American South, and also in the Canadian province of Quebec. Ramps also have a growing popularity in upscale restaurants throughout North America.

Quote:

Last edited:
Just rain so far for us...lots and lots of rain.  Makin' my bones ache like a toothache but no ice as of yet.  The birds are out in it like it's a spring rain so the worms must be drowning in their burrows and coming up for air.  I've cut back from 4 c. of feed to 3 c. due to the unseasonably warm weather and increase on foraging causing the flock to leave FF in the trough. 

It started raining early last night here then midnight-ish I guess it started freezing. Now sleet since I woke up this morning - about 1PM now. The weather man says that the "snow line" is just now reaching us and we could get 2-6" between now and 6PM. I hope my hillbilly coops hold up! Sure would be nice if a big Hand :) would just push this on out to the ocean.

Just rain so far for us...lots and lots of rain. Makin' my bones ache like a toothache but no ice as of yet. The birds are out in it like it's a spring rain so the worms must be drowning in their burrows and coming up for air. I've cut back from 4 c. of feed to 3 c. due to the unseasonably warm weather and increase on foraging causing the flock to leave FF in the trough.
you and me both Bee! When it got cold here and was rainy, ouchhhh.

LOL Sorry Triple...:D  It is a blessing and a curse when we hit these nice warm temps...first of WHO can EVER get used to it getting down to the 40's or 30's when it goes right back up to the 80's the next week or day for that matter(Not cool) and then goes back to being cold again??? Noone I tell ya! Unfortunately, we get cold (for FL) but we don't EVER get to experience any of that beautiful white stuff...(what's it called again..oh yeah SNOW! LOL...it's been a few years since I've been able to experience it) I love to visit it but I don't think I could handle living in it for long periods of time. I love many of the things that go along with it...changing leaves, toasty fires, and just the shear beauty of it! If we could get a little bit of it during our "winter" I'd be ecstatic. 

(Sleet, not so cool as snow..yicky)

Stay WARM!!!

P.S. I know most of you would NOT consider 30* or 40* in the winter cold but...We have THIN blood down here in FL! lol

I have thin blood too and can't handle this mess either - so get me out of here!!! LOL But really, it could be much worse. I know what you mean about crazy temp changes. Night before last it was close to 70'F at bedtime / last night is was right around freezing. Now it is 30'F and going to be down in the teens tonight and like this for the next week. But as I said, it could be much much worse. :)

Back
Top Bottom