Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

It IS cold but one coop has a little less shelter and a lot more roosting space (like five bars). They are all cramming in the other one, 4X4 coop with just one roost pole. I built it to hold 4-6 birds not 10. XP

It was wonderful.....I tried to post a pic but BYC is not agreeing with my IPad.

This website does seem to be a little more tempermental than usual lately. I already tried once to say to you... I'm glad you're home safe and sound and I hope you and your mom had a great time and made a BUNCH of wonderful memories. :)

So, my FF isn't bubbling really (when I stir it, it does get a couple of bubbles). Also, It only smells a little like the ferment so should I add ACV or something to "jump start" it again? (Maybe I lost some of the fermented part of the feed..?)

Has anyone here tried fermenting sprouts or perhaps fodder? Seems like fermenting those two would help a lot with keeping them more long term.
I did a search of the thread and did not see anyone saying anything about fermenting either.

Has anyone here tried fermenting sprouts or perhaps fodder? Seems like fermenting those two would help a lot with keeping them more long term.
I did a search of the thread and did not see anyone saying anything about fermenting either.
There are folks who are using barley for sprouts and fodder.....and I am trying to think if it was this thread or another.....I am thinking another thread.....but I don't know which one.....I will see if I can find it.

Any of you guys ever use the scoby from vinegar for anything like tea? I have got a couple'a monsters growing!!! LOL I used some Bragg's and made more UP-ACV w/ Mother from pasteurized acv and this is what happened.

So, my FF isn't bubbling really (when I stir it, it does get a couple of bubbles). Also, It only smells a little like the ferment so should I add ACV or something to "jump start" it again? (Maybe I lost some of the fermented part of the feed..?)

Hi Jes. It wouldn't hurt anything to add a little something. I have used buttermilk and I like the smell it gives the ff. It has been a long time since I have added any but mine still smells good, smells like sweet apples. I thought mine was getting a little weak the other day but I added feed and water and stirred it up good and it straightened out and is working now.

Any of you guys ever use the scoby from vinegar for anything like tea? I have got a couple'a monsters growing!!! LOL I used some Bragg's and made more UP-ACV w/ Mother from pasteurized acv and this is what happened.
Talk about monsters! I had gallon jugs with ACV growing in them and then my son stopped adding it to the waters and so they sat in the cupboard for months. I had enough "mother" to toss them all into my blender and whip them up and I had something like 3/4 of a gallon that has been fed out and now its all gone. I haven't tried it myself though.

Back
Top Bottom