Fermenting feed

Cody brown

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2020
Hi, i was wondering with regards to a laying flock would fermenting feed be a good choice. Adding onto this if i was to ferment their feed how would i go about doing it. I would havd to restrictive feed?

From what ive researched olu can ferment any kind of chicken feed. But im really not sure about what to do 😂. This is all really new to me aswell 🤣

Would i ferment part if the feed, and still have kayers pellets available?

I offer both fermented feed (in the morning) and dry pellets all day. It works out for me because the chickens fill up on the FF first thing in the morning , then later in the day they still have pellets so there's never any guesswork on how much feed to put out.

I offer both fermented feed (in the morning) and dry pellets all day. It works out for me because the chickens fill up on the FF first thing in the morning , then later in the day they still have pellets so there's never any guesswork on how much feed to put out.
Exactly my routine! Only I don't feed fermented every day anymore. It can be time consuming, and job is ridiculously demanding right now.

Exactly my routine! Only I don't feed fermented every day anymore. It can be time consuming, and job is ridiculously demanding right now.

Cleaning out the ferment jar once in a while is the most time consuming part for me, and my flock isn't huge, so it's not an issue here. But yes it would add extra minutes to your morning, if time is an issue.

Back
Top Bottom