Fertile eggs left over night. HELP!

silkiemomma21

Hatching
Mar 25, 2016
So first off- this site is amazing! You all are so helpful an I'm so happy I stumbled on here when I first got my chickens.
I have 5 red sex link hens, two silkie hens and one silkie rooster. Both my silkie hens are broody and I let my white silkie sit on 5 eggs. One egg has hatched and baby chick seems perfectly healthy! Yesterday mom and baby were outside of the coop in the enclosed area. This was around 4pm. I have a ramp going into the coop. I got home around 10pm and mom was sitting on baby outside of the coop. I'm not sure if baby couldn't get in? Either way I picked mom and baby up and put them In the coop and shut the door- hoping she would go back on her 4 remaining eggs (due any day now). When I woke up at 6am to open the coop door my hen was in the same box as my other broody silkie and still not on her eggs.... Does this mean my eggs are dead?
I have them to my other broody hen(both are now sharing a box with baby) and they accepted all of them. Should I just get rid of them or is there still a chance?

Thank you!
I did the flashlight method but didn't see much movement. Last night though one began to hatch! Hope all goes well today.

Back
Top Bottom