Hello again fellow chicken lovers!

okay, so I think I have a fertile egg, since I witnessed one of my hens mating with my young roo yesterday.
I believe the egg to the far right is fertile…?
7282B0B7-C518-4648-9A24-7360A21B2D9E.jpeg

I see all three of them have the little dots, so their is supposed to be a bullseye on them? I have never done this before, sorry about the noob questions. :)
The dots are the Blastoderm.

A fertilized egg will have a Bullseye which is called a Blastocyst, or BlastoDisk.

I have read that if you want to have chicks you have to separate the hens for 30 days to get the stuff out of their system, and then introduce a rooster, but that sounds ridiculous. Do you only need a few hours then?
Separating a hen from unwanted roosters for 3 weeks is to clear the system of any unwanted sperm if you're breeding specific chicken breeds. I use this method since I do chicken breeding.

Ok
Right now they keep pecking him and scaring him off from food….So, I’m hoping in a few months, when he is bigger, he will be accepted and/or become the alpha
I have 8 faverolles cockerels who are 11 weeks, and at the bottom of the pecking order. Since their males, they should go up in the pecking order when they are mature?

Back
Top Bottom