Fertile possibility?

We finally have our answer!! We have 2 females and 1 male! And WE HAVE FERTILE EGGS!!!! 🥳 can anyone send me a good link or fill me in to information about incubating goose eggs - length of time, temperatures, humidity levels, changes to levels for lock down and all that kind of information ? 😊🤗 ive done chickens and ducks so know the general basics but no idea on temps length and humidity for the geese
There is a artical I reread every year it is at the top of goose forum in sticky topics

I have set 9 eggs in the incubator 😃 planning to give them a candling around day 7 and see how we are looking after that 🤞 if any make it past the day 7 candling do you recommend the daily misting/ cooling of the eggs that some articles mention?

I have set 9 eggs in the incubator 😃 planning to give them a candling around day 7 and see how we are looking after that 🤞 if any make it past the day 7 candling do you recommend the daily misting/ cooling of the eggs that some articles mention?
So happy for you what a exciting time. With geese dont give up on day 7 even though its a good indicator but its not a absolute. Unlike chickens they can be allot slower in development. Look to day 12 to make a decision. Iv done both misting and cooling and well it is what it is... First year eggs are always a hit or miss. My first geese (african production geese very similar to Chinese). I was able to do there first hatches on there first fall eggs they were 9 months and set 12-15 eggs each time and both times 5 made it to hatch. My larger Africans not so much. First spring hatching was about 1 out of 15 eggs. So every breed of geese is different. Im really glad your going forward lets hope for 2 think 9. But my guess is your parents will still be excited to raise if you let them raise them. I Incubate all the babies here and keep them till there 10 days. then I have some great girls that take over and of corse as soon as I give them to them They belong to them. They teach them how to be geese.

Love hearing about other people's experiences! Being our first time incubating goose eggs and being first year eggs i am not expecting any to hatch 🤣 if any do i will be over the moon!! I had good hatch rates from all of the batches of chicken eggs i did in my incubator (24 eggs set and 23 hatched) so im happy with my incubator but we will see how it and i go with the goose eggs 😆 one of the girls is wanting to sit on eggs so i am going to leave her with a few as well 😊🤗

Love hearing about other people's experiences! Being our first time incubating goose eggs and being first year eggs i am not expecting any to hatch 🤣 if any do i will be over the moon!! I had good hatch rates from all of the batches of chicken eggs i did in my incubator (24 eggs set and 23 hatched) so im happy with my incubator but we will see how it and i go with the goose eggs 😆 one of the girls is wanting to sit on eggs so i am going to leave her with a few as well 😊🤗
You will do great you have a excellent way of thinking about it. Whatever happens... You will have fun babies this year or be ready for next year. Cant wait to hear how it goes.

Any tips on how best to candle the eggs that miss goosey is sitting on ? Do i wait till she is off them at some stage during the day and swoop in and take them to a dark area then return them ? 😅😂 she is getting more and more protective of them everyday which i am loving watching 😍😆

I did post this in another thread but thought i would chuck it here too 🙂

Am i correct in thinking these guys are not fertile ?

They have been in the incubator for some where between 8-10 days - we had some unexpected really wet (and chilly 🥶) days and the humidity was running fair high for a while, im now running low humidity and the air sacs have grown some what in the last couple of days since fixing the humidity.

Are they totally infertile or could they just be slow developing due to incubator conditions?

Attachments

• 20221014_114832.jpg
    20221014_114832.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221014_114907.jpg
    20221014_114907.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221014_114923.jpg
    20221014_114923.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221014_114939.jpg
    20221014_114939.jpg