Fertility rates

jade eastwood

Chirping
Feb 13, 2022
I’ve incubated 2 lots of 14+ eggs over the past few weeks from all different breeds and so far only 3 have developed and have died early on. Does any body know why this is? It’s currently winter where I am in Australia but not super freezing so could it be impacting my roosters? I have 3 young enough roosters and they have been always fine. This is my first winter incubating eggs so I have nothing to compare too. Is it worth buying fertile eggs locally or will many be having this same problem in this weather?

There are a number of possible reasons for the low fertility rates you're seeing, including that it's winter there. You may find this article helpful; among many other possible causes, it mentions how reduced daylight hours can affect roosters' fertility.

There are a number of possible reasons for the low fertility rates you're seeing, including that it's winter there. You may find this article helpful; among many other possible causes, it mentions how reduced daylight hours can affect roosters' fertility.
thanks I checked it out and it makes sense :) will this be happening to ithers aswell at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom