Fifteen weeks old and waiting for eggs. Who is with me?

3 comets and 3 tetra tints started laying exactly at 16 weeks. Now 2 weeks later, I'm getting 4-5 eggs a day! Eggs are still a little small yet and very hard to crack! About "medium" size.

Scott

I wouldn't start looking till at least 18 weeks...I have 13 girls, one is a bit older a RIR, she is 20-21 weeks...I FINALLY have one good egg, with 3 duds...broken and very thin shelled. I do not know who lays them...but I am looking several times a day now!

My first one...a tiny one, but perfect!
68634_dsc_0087.jpg

I am with you. My pullets are 17 weeks old. I have an assortment of breeds. My Leghorn and RIR look ready but I have not seen any squating they talk about here. I opened their lovely nest boxes last week and I haven't even seen them investigate
sad.png
I check the boxes, coop and run every chance I get but yet no eggs
barnie.gif

I have two 17 week olds that are stating to inspect the nesting boxes
wee.gif

Their faces are red but their combs are still pale looking. Hopefully in the next month!
fl.gif

Edited because apparently I cannot spell

Last edited:
I have twenty-four, 19 week olds and only one is laying. She started at 18 weeks 4 days. Has laid one every day since. I guess the other 23 are slackers...
hu.gif
The one that started laying is a red star. I also have BR. RIR, GLW, and Auraconas. They're all acting like they're going to lay, in and out of the boxes, boking real loud...but they're just psyching me out! Bad chickens...making me run out there a dozen times a day in this heat. hahaha... Patience is not one of my strong points. But, the temps are, and have been, in the triple digits, so I'm luck to be getting any I guess.
smile.png

Three 22 week old, 1 20 week old, 2 18 week olds and 2 15 week olds and no eggs. I'm waiting very impatiently.

Quote:
haha
yuckyuck.gif
:lol:
that is just the way i feel about it. i free range my girls also and im afraid if i leave them in the coop it will turn into a sauna. and you can just hear them being all unhappy they are louder and express it.

Quote:
I was wondering myself if there is a certain time of day that they lay the eggs. My girls are free ranging all day also. Does anyone know if there is a certain time of day or is it different for every hen?

One of my 19 week old SLW's started laying last Wednesday and I think two more started laying today. They have always been standoffish but now they want to be my best friend. It's hilarious! My Speckled Sussex haven't started laying yet and they are also 19 weeks.

I have a quick question: does a hen typically lay the same shade/color of egg their whole life? I'm curious if this is a way to get some idea of who's laying what. We got two eggs today but they are both smaller than the last one that my first SLW layed and are lighter in color. That makes me think that I might have three laying now. What do you think? I've only caught two (Lizzy and Izzy) in the act.

Back
Top Bottom