Fighting duck advice please

I haven't put anything on her wounds, what would your recommend? I checked her feathers a little bit ago and all of the blood looks old, nothing fresh. The exposed skin on her neck seems pretty dry. I put her in the duck hut with the heat light on because this morning she was shaking (it was below freezing this morning) and she continues to go in voluntarily so I figured that was a good sign. I got in there with her and it isn't "hot" inside and she let me hold her for a bit. Poor sweet thing is just scared. She has beautiful blue eyes tho
smile.png

I haven't put anything on her wounds, what would your recommend? I checked her feathers a little bit ago and all of the blood looks old, nothing fresh. The exposed skin on her neck seems pretty dry. I put her in the duck hut with the heat light on because this morning she was shaking (it was below freezing this morning) and she continues to go in voluntarily so I figured that was a good sign. I got in there with her and it isn't "hot" inside and she let me hold her for a bit. Poor sweet thing is just scared. She has beautiful blue eyes tho
smile.png
They do have beautiful blue eyes. If you have something that is like triple antibiotic that would be fine. or there is a spray called Veterycin which is also good. just wanted you to make sure it's not too hot inside sounds like it is fine. whatever you decide to use make sure it doesn't have pain relief in it especially anything ending in caine.

You can use Blue Kote on the wounds also. Just be aware that it stains anything it touches. But I use it for many of our animals. I hope your little one gets better soon. It sounds like you are doing all you can to make her comfy. They are amazingly resilient and I bet she will be good as new soon.

You can use Blue Kote on the wounds also. Just be aware that it stains anything it touches. But I use it for many of our animals. I hope your little one gets better soon. It sounds like you are doing all you can to make her comfy. They are amazingly resilient and I bet she will be good as new soon.
So true about making everything purple I am going to the dabber next that way hopefully less spray on me and everything around. Blue Kote is really good stuff though and KDUCKS it's great for disguising wounds too.

She is very cute and a little tip for blue Kote. Rubbing alcohol will help get it off. They will still be purple but it helped get a lot off my hands and arms so I could at least go out in public.

She is very cute and a little tip for blue Kote. Rubbing alcohol will help get it off. They will still be purple but it helped get a lot off my hands and arms so I could at least go out in public.
And not have everyone staring at you like you had some kind of dreaded disease lol I actually used bleach but alcohol would sure be better. good tip.

I will get some blue kote for sure! She got thru the night just fine in her rubber made tote to segregate her from the others. I kept her in the hut by herself again today so she could recover a bit more. Her neck is already looking much better and any signs of bleeding are gone. She is going to be a wonderful addition (she seems to enjoy affection). Thank you all so much for helping me with my ignorant mistake.

She is doing well, we are still keeping her separated when we are not home. She gets less nervous every day and really likes pets and affection. We are taking iit very slow to avoid any other issues
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom