Filling heated plastic waterer!

notsooldmcdonald

Songster
11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
Lempster, NH
Had to share this:

While on my way to fill my new 3 gal. heated plastic waterer, I really thought hard about a better way to do it. Currently, it's not really a graceful act to fill the thing. Either I use a hose to fill through the rubber-stoppered hole, or I take off the whole base. Either way, I get wet.

I finally got a better idea...use one of those plastic gas cans (I hear they sell them in blue too) with a spout! The spout fits perfectly in the rubber-stoppered hole, and the container can hold 3 gallons!

It sure beats getting soaked and then sticking to the pen!

Yes, I know, it's the little things in life that make everything all worthwhile:)

-Christian

hello notsooldmcdonald ,
how does your heated plastic waterer work? I just purchased one off ebay for $50. but I figure if it works well for new england winters it will be money well spent. I suppose I should've asked this question before purchase!!!!

Thanks for any input
Woody

That is a great idea!!! I love my 3 gallon heated waterer, but i get soaked. Its 20 degrees outside and i gotta carry water down to the girls and get wet???? Ha ha i made talked my Dh into doin it for awhile, but he gave up. I will be buying myself a new gas can. Thanks for the post.

Back
Top Bottom