Filling the incubator 6-3-2011 Join me for my 1st attempt?

Quote:
She drowned in her water last night
hit.gif

OH, I'm so sorry. RIP, little one.

here.. she was right before I went to bed.

81805_littleorp6_24.jpg

Quote:
OH, I'm so sorry. RIP, little one.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/81805_littleorp6_24.jpg

Curious why you took her out of the incubator before she fluffed up? So sorry about your loss. That's the beauty of incubation, though, you can always try again.
I started with 25 and only have 5 chicks now. But no matter my losses, I will try again and try different things, it's a gamble, really, you'll figure it out. Keep your head up.

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/81805_littleorp6_24.jpg

Curious why you took her out of the incubator before she fluffed up? So sorry about your loss. That's the beauty of incubation, though, you can always try again.
I started with 25 and only have 5 chicks now. But no matter my losses, I will try again and try different things, it's a gamble, really, you'll figure it out. Keep your head up.

I took her out for a few reasons. I had to help her hatch as she was stuck in the egg. Once I got her out she was very very sticky so I had to rinse her warm water to clean her off. Also, I have a staggered hatch so I have 15 more EE's in there that are still in the turner (although it wasn't turning while she was hatching) but I didn't want her to get hurt by climbing around on the turner. She was the only one out of the 30 I bought to develop. I feel so stupid for not putting marbles in the water.

well i just checked on my incubatior its temp it at 100 and humidty is at 78% and looked at the eggs and still no pips hopeing that they start doing something tonight but in thinking that sence i didnt set my eggs till 6pm on the 4th that they might not be hatching till late tonight or tomarrow but im still keeping my fingers crossed on them

Having a somewhat staggered hatch over here: a total of seven yesterday, and two pips overnight. Today an egg pipped and hatched within about six hours, which seems a little hasty to me; the chick has a raw-looking navel and I think its development was a little slow-and-go due to the temperature flux. But it's vigorous and alert, so we'll see. The two pipped eggs are talkative but waiting it out. And ten more eggs are doing nothing so far. Well, it's a better statistic than we got last time.
smile.png

Lock down for me! Im gonna check in an hour or so to make sure I got the temps and moisture right. I may be over anxious but I swear I heard peckining in the incubator!! Keep your
fl.gif
for me guys!!! And congrats on all the new babes everyone!

Last edited:
well its almpst midnight here and still nothing but i do have anout 3 eggs rocking a little bit so we are keeping our fingers crossed its really humid here tonight and its reading 78% inside the bator hopeing to at least get a pip tonight out of them but like ive been sayong that i didnt set the eggs till 6 at night so maybe i shouldnt be thinking that today is day 21 it might be on sunday well im hopeing that i do get something to hatch

Quote:

I took her out for a few reasons. I had to help her hatch as she was stuck in the egg. Once I got her out she was very very sticky so I had to rinse her warm water to clean her off. Also, I have a staggered hatch so I have 15 more EE's in there that are still in the turner (although it wasn't turning while she was hatching) but I didn't want her to get hurt by climbing around on the turner. She was the only one out of the 30 I bought to develop. I feel so stupid for not putting marbles in the water.

Aw I'm so sorry.
hmm.png
Can you contact the seller?
It's not your fault, everyone makes mistakes, but we wouldn't learn if we didn't make mistakes. *hugs*

Back
Top Bottom