Final debate Rouens or silver appleyard?

Emmey

Songster
May 13, 2020
Anacoco, Louisiana
Hello i have already had a couple treads on my ducks. They are too big to be mallards and the ducklings pic i have are no good since that when they were starting to feather. Help please they don't look like silver Appleyard because they more brown and grey than white. So I think they are Rouens. Someone please finish this debate.
20200603_153712.jpg

It looks like an appleyard/rouen mix to me. Male applyards get that silver in their heads, and rouens dont (or shouldnt). He also has an applyard colored breast. Bit the back feathers look more rouen to me.

Here is a picture of one of my purebred silver applyards, they generally dont have that dark of a beaker that your little guy has above

Attachments

• 20200518_182037.jpg
    20200518_182037.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 16
I also hatched this guy out (the one on The left) who has darker coloring overall and has that really dark beak! He is a rouen/appleyard mix

Attachments

• 20200608_183722.jpg
    20200608_183722.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 20
I
It looks like an appleyard/rouen mix to me. Male applyards get that silver in their heads, and rouens dont (or shouldnt). He also has an applyard colored breast. Bit the back feathers look more rouen to me.
I herd when a male molts it takes a while for its head to become green again, could that be the case here?

I also hatched this guy out (the one on The left) who has darker coloring overall and has that really dark beak! He is a rouen/appleyard mix
Okay thank you, we are thinking of buying some rouens to breed with our ducks. So hopefully down the line they look more like rouens so we can show them. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom