Final numbers on my last flock of broilers

Those are good numbers for using Dumor Feeds, nothing wrong with the feed, just expensive. You should look for a feed mill that will custom grind a mix for you, especially if you're using 20% all the way through. Roughly 1600 pounds of feed for the amount of birds that you did so it would be a good option for you. You should be able to lower your bill by $2.00 / 50 pounds of feed which really helps out a lot.

Was the first dressed weight with the carcass also with neck, giblets, and tail? Just curious...

I would be happy with 72 birds out of 77 any day, good job.

Quote:
That number is without the neck or giblets. The tail was still attached. I have feed mill relatively close by but not sure how to formulate a ration that would include trace minerals and things or is that very important for the CX.
Thanks for the encouragement. I almost stopped after the previous batch but the quality versus store bought just wouldn't allow it.

Nice record keeping. I get lazy and try to keep it in my head which never works. My biggest expense was shavings. So my next batch will be in a tractor. The 11 we processed last weekend came to $9.27 a bird. Ours dressed out at 4 lbs. to 5 lbs. each w/o neck, giblets or tail.

Quote:
That number is without the neck or giblets. The tail was still attached. I have feed mill relatively close by but not sure how to formulate a ration that would include trace minerals and things or is that very important for the CX.
Thanks for the encouragement. I almost stopped after the previous batch but the quality versus store bought just wouldn't allow it.

I would check them out for next year, I'm sure they have a "house blend" that will end up still being a buck or two cheaper per bag. They have nutritionalist that will guide you through making your own blend. Basically you tell them what you want in it and they will make sure it's a complete feed. That's how most of them work, it never hurts to ask.

Back
Top Bottom