Last summer, we lost our Dogue de Bordeaux to Cane or Bufo toad poisoning. Never did find the toad. A couple of months ago, I spotted in the dark what I thought was the toad, it was hugely large and very fast. I couldn't catch it after it went underneath the chicken coop. Well luck was on my side, and not the cane toad's, tonight. My daughter went out to empty the kitty litter box, and when she was walking back past the duck pens, she spotted a huge toad. She dropped the litter box over it and ran to get me. I scooped it up in a bucket, and brought it up to the house to make darn sure it was in fact the cane toad I had been searching for. They're an invasive species here in Florida, so finding their identification site wasn't hard at all. Identified, I took some photos (the ones posted here) and then permanently disposed of the toad. I felt bad, but it was a necessary evil. Take a look at how big this thing is. They have glands that excrete highly poisonous toxins, all it takes is a dog to mouth the toad and it's fatal unless they receive quick and aggressive treatment. You can see on the glands behind the eyes the white toxins (looks like white foam) the toad is excreting. Hence the need for gloves. One less Bufo toad to worry about with the Pomeranians.