Finally caught the perp

I beg to differ on the "skunks don't generally like poultry". The ones around here do, and a great at killing and eating them. Adults (lf and bantams). sometimes we trap 7-8 skunks a week, then we will go a dry spell and it's starts all over. I "like" the fact they are bold as brass and will come in the barn when I am out there, and go for the birds even then. Sigh. freaks me out, every time. LOL.

Last summer I lost 6 or so birds to skunks. They aren't fun - particularly when the dog comes in to the the bedroom in the middle of the night, hops up on the bed and absolutely reeks of skunk!

Quote:
superchemicalgirl,

I think we just found who to send our flower bouquets to.

HAHAHAHAHA I've got a nice Hefty Cinch Sack with her name on it.

Funny story, my boyfriend absolutely hates nothing more than the odor of skunk. I had a skunk over the summer that kept trying to get into the chicken run and coop at night. Boyfriend kept telling me to leave it alone and I kept worrying about it and saying I should shoot it. One Monday night (while boyfriend is working) I see it out there, and I have a clear shot. I take it. Wrap the skunk in 2 Hefty's and put it in my driveway (cause I sure as heck don't want that stinky bag in my house or trashcan). Figure I'll leave work a little early the next day and come home and take it to the dump, and he'll never be the wiser. I'm at work the next day when I receive a text from him... he apparently was going to be a nice gentleman and take my trash to the dump Tuesday morning... "including the little black bag of dead stinky skunk in your driveway that I told you not to shoot." I swear he has NEVER been to the dump on a weekday before, and hasn't since then. What luck.

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom