Finally coming out from behind the bushes, i'm ready for help!

Monicka8311

Chirping
7 Years
May 3, 2013
Hey everybody,
I have been a long time stalker... but i'm finally coming out with some pictures and ready to ask for help. I have looked at SO many pictures of baby chicks and i've been trying to guess gender/breed since the day I got them.
I got a rare assortment from McMurray Hatchery and I think I know what some of my chicks are... but some I have no clue and I'm starting to go crazy trying to solve all of the mystery's.
My husband looked through my phone and found hundreds of photos of the chicks since they were day 1... and thinks I may have a problem.
Please let me know your thoughts. They aren't the best pictures, and i'm happy to take more just let me know what could help.

Attachments

• IMG_4804[1].JPG
    IMG_4804[1].JPG
    465.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4806[1].JPG
    IMG_4806[1].JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4805[1].JPG
    IMG_4805[1].JPG
    453.6 KB · Views: 16
Hey everybody,
I have been a long time stalker... but i'm finally coming out with some pictures and ready to ask for help. I have looked at SO many pictures of baby chicks and i've been trying to guess gender/breed since the day I got them.
I got a rare assortment from McMurray Hatchery and I think I know what some of my chicks are... but some I have no clue and I'm starting to go crazy trying to solve all of the mystery's.
My husband looked through my phone and found hundreds of photos of the chicks since they were day 1... and thinks I may have a problem.
Please let me know your thoughts. They aren't the best pictures, and i'm happy to take more just let me know what could help.
Pssh, I see no problem here

Please let me know your thoughts.
Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! My thoughts? He's right. :lau My husband is married to a crazy chicken lady too. :lau As for what the chicks are, I don't know, but they are sure adorable! I love baby pictures! :love

Here's more... sorry i'm clueless, the polish are the only ones i'm confident with :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4813[1].JPG
    IMG_4813[1].JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4808[1].JPG
    IMG_4808[1].JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4816[1].JPG
    IMG_4816[1].JPG
    515.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4818[1].JPG
    IMG_4818[1].JPG
    492.7 KB · Views: 14
Next time he says you got a problem, ask him if he's in need of some Midol lol, we got your back here Welcome to the forum. Although not sure they look vaguely familiar

lets ask @oldhenlikesdogs see if she knows

tell him at least your not a hatch addict getting ready to set the big incubator and already did 2 small hatches in the little incubator, and they all get their pictures taken from egg until they go on

Well I believe I see some Brahma and a possible Australorp
That's what I was thinking too... The Australorp is what I keep going to, I just wasn't sure because it looks a little different and I wasn't sure if the dark spots on the side of it's head were a sign of another chicken. It is the most daring chicken... always has been. Anytime I come around it is right out to see what i'm doing... it jumps right up on the side of the pen to look at me (and my 6 month old son) it gets out and walks around... it's just generally a very busy and curious bird, which makes me think rooster (right?)

I have been bouncing back and forth between Cochin and Brahma with the others... I just can't figure it out.

tell him at least your not a hatch addict getting ready to set the big incubator and already did 2 small hatches in the little incubator, and they all get their pictures taken from egg until they go on
I did pull those out (a friend gave me a couple) and he told me to not even think about it... he'll come around after I get our 3 year old excited about it and have her tell him about the "science experiment" we're going to do.

Back
Top Bottom