Finally finished w/ new Coop...."UPDATED PIC's!!! Page 6

Quote:
wow ,

i MUST BE DOING SOMETHING or EVERYTHING WRONG . only THING WE GOT REAL CHEAP IS BATHROOM BACKSPLASH VINAL AND IT WAS 4.00 A SHEET OF 4X8 . please ENLIGHTEN me AND TELL ME WHERE AND HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO GET ALL THAT FOR $60.00 ....................

and how many chickens do ya'll have total ? what size is the coop and what size is therun ?

Last edited:
It looks wonderful Angela!
clap.gif

All we done was went to the local lumber company and asked for all there cull lumber (you know, wood they can't get full price for) and ta! da! there it was. They told us to get all we needed, but we couldn't fit it all on the 2 trucks. LOL

Afterwards, our neighbor told us to call the local Mirror Company, said they had wood that they gave away for free so they wouldn' t have to haul it off. That is what we used on the outside of the coop and then I stained it with water seal so it will last.

Just call the lumber comapnies and others that may have scrap lumber laying around like furniture companies have pallets they sometime give away. Just remember to stagger the wood as to where you don't have the seams running all together. I checked out yard and garage sales, I asked people if they were going to use things that were sitting in there yard, I scanned freecycle and craigslist. It's out there, and you will be surprised what people will give away, all you have to do is ask.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks for all the compliments
smile.png

Tim--You and the wifey need to come and see the roost and the nesting boxes we made. I will try to get pics of them tomorrow. With the cloud cover from the much needed rain we got today it was sorta dark in the coop by the time these pics we taken.

Do you want a duck or two, Tim? If so I know where you can get them.
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom