Finally got an egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FrizzleDizzle, Dec 1, 2009.

1. FrizzleDizzle

FrizzleDizzle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2009
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I finally got an egg this weekend!! Actually, I got two! I was just soo excited I had to tell someone. I don't think my facebook friends really care [​IMG] I've been waiting and waiting. Not sure which bird they are from, but oh well. Maybe the other two girls will start soon.

Thanks for letting me share my great news!!

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I am SOOOOO jealous!!!! Congratulations!!!

3. flymamma

flymamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    YEAH! My last girl layed her first egg today .. So now ALL 11 are laying .. Again my facebook friends do not care [​IMG] My Delaware was my last hold out .. she was hatched in March and IS my oldest so OF COURSE she is the last . Makes complete sense in Chicken land [​IMG] Silly Chickens .

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!!! Exciting news, first eggs are wonderful! Some people just don't know what they are missing!! [​IMG]

5. chickbotfamily

chickbotfamily Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2009
    How old were your Chickens? My chickens are 21 weeks and still no eggs.

6. ARB

ARB Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    Congrats. I know the excitement. Got my first egg(s) Nov. 29th. Four the first day. Only two since. I have 3 pullets and a cockrel. Gave the first 4 to my 97yr old mother. She immediately topped one and ate it raw. Not for me but she was thrilled. I intend to have my first omlete tonight. The roo (Ricky) has gotten really aggressive. Actually bit me today when I went into the run to get today's egg. They are all usually very gentle. But now all seem to be agitated.

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    The first eggs are so cool! We put a little counter in the coop so we can click it when we get the eggs. We are up to over three hundred, and they are STILL so cool and exciting!-and for some odd reason, at a dozen a day, we are not buried in eggs.
    (They are not bad for you and I won't limit myself to three a week, and there! I believe what I want to believe!)
    Glad they are earning their keep now!

8. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]
    First Eggs are such a joy!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

mine are 29 weeks... i am going insane.

10. turtlynne

turtlynne Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2009
    AIKEN
    Just About When You've Given Up...chix Always Provide! (joy!) Waiting For First Egg Is Always The Best Teaching In Patience - Another Good Reason To Raise Chickens! We Are All Soooo Blessed Everyday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by