Finally got an egg!

FrizzleDizzle

Songster
Jun 8, 2009
Harpers Ferry, WV
I finally got an egg this weekend!! Actually, I got two! I was just soo excited I had to tell someone. I don't think my facebook friends really care
big_smile.png
I've been waiting and waiting. Not sure which bird they are from, but oh well. Maybe the other two girls will start soon.

Thanks for letting me share my great news!!

YEAH! My last girl layed her first egg today .. So now ALL 11 are laying .. Again my facebook friends do not care
wink.png
My Delaware was my last hold out .. she was hatched in March and IS my oldest so OF COURSE she is the last . Makes complete sense in Chicken land
smile.png
Silly Chickens .

Congrats. I know the excitement. Got my first egg(s) Nov. 29th. Four the first day. Only two since. I have 3 pullets and a cockrel. Gave the first 4 to my 97yr old mother. She immediately topped one and ate it raw. Not for me but she was thrilled. I intend to have my first omlete tonight. The roo (Ricky) has gotten really aggressive. Actually bit me today when I went into the run to get today's egg. They are all usually very gentle. But now all seem to be agitated.

The first eggs are so cool! We put a little counter in the coop so we can click it when we get the eggs. We are up to over three hundred, and they are STILL so cool and exciting!-and for some odd reason, at a dozen a day, we are not buried in eggs.
(They are not bad for you and I won't limit myself to three a week, and there! I believe what I want to believe!)
Glad they are earning their keep now!

Just About When You've Given Up...chix Always Provide! (joy!) Waiting For First Egg Is Always The Best Teaching In Patience - Another Good Reason To Raise Chickens! We Are All Soooo Blessed Everyday!

Back
Top Bottom