Finally got my egg!

marlene

Songster
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
UK
I am so excited that 1 of my new blue marans pullet laid her 1st egg today, i was like a child on christmas morning lol.
It is a small egg and quite light in colour, will they get darker? i believe they lay dark brown eggs. I knew they were getting close as they have been quite vocal the last week and crouching when i put my hand on them, now the wait for the second marans to start laying for me.
big_smile.png

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Congrats on your 1st egg!!! I am waiting for my first eggs to arrive-my girls are 21 weeks. How old are your hens? Yes-like a child on Christmas morning is how i'll be also!!!
wee.gif

My chickens are 20-22 weeks old now, when i bought them i was told they was pol 16-18 weeks old.
Only 1 layed today so still waiting for the 2nd one to lay but i'm sure it won't be long now, the one that has not layed does have a smaller comb and it's not as red so maybe she will be a little while longer, just have to wait and see.
So is anyone familiar with marans and how long i will have to wait for the eggs to darken? the egg i got today was quite light coloured.

Back
Top Bottom