Finally got my Purina Feed...

Quote:
Yes JMR, thank you, you'll get me more nex time. My birds love it, I have special feeders so nothing gets wasted even this is a mash.

It smells and looks so good that I am afraid I may try to make some pancakes out of it when I have too many beers at the time.....

Just kidding.

Always remember that........

Quote:
Yes JMR, thank you, you'll get me more nex time. My birds love it, I have special feeders so nothing gets wasted even this is a mash.

It smells and looks so good that I am afraid I may try to make some pancakes out of it when I have too many beers at the time.....

Just kidding.

Always remember that........

I wouldn't be afraid to.
wink.png
I've bought & used plenty of feed store grain. It goes through the grinder the same as expensive stuff...after you pick out the cottonseeds, anyway, ROFL...

Quote:
Wheat from the feed store...cheap. Wheat sold by fancy schmancy mail order companies for humans to store up for the apocolypse and grind in their hand grinder -- expensive after shipping.
wink.png

And yes, it woudl make an interesting bread, I bet.

Hmmmm.....

Must check out what the little feed store has for grains that I could run through my hand mill. Haven't even set it up here yet, but I do need to!

My local Tractor Supply Store carries all types of Purina feed. AND, the manager ordered special for me a game bird maintenance feed from NutriSource. It's a very good feed, a little pricey though, at $19.99 a bag. But if they do well on it it's worth it. Proud parent of Jumbo slate guineas, Cucko Moran, Silky Bantams, Old English Game Bantams, MilleFleur Bantams, Black Japanese Bantams, Peafowl, Ringneck Pheasant and Bobwhite Quail.
yippiechickie.gif

patti'speeps :

My local Tractor Supply Store carries all types of Purina feed. AND, the manager ordered special for me a game bird maintenance feed from NutriSource. It's a very good feed, a little pricey though, at $19.99 a bag. But if they do well on it it's worth it. Proud parent of Jumbo slate guineas, Cucko Moran, Silky Bantams, Old English Game Bantams, MilleFleur Bantams, Black Japanese Bantams, Peafowl, Ringneck Pheasant and Bobwhite Quail.
yippiechickie.gif

PATTI YOU SEEM TO BE AN EXCEPTION... MOST TSC'S DO NOT CARRY GAMEBIRD FEEDS NOR WILL THEY ORDER THEM DISPITE BEING (AS ADVERTISED HERE) A FULL LINE PURINA DEALER... TSC ACTUALLY HAS A BAD REPUTATION AMOUNG GAMEBIRD ENTHUSIASTS BECAUSE OF THIS.​

Yup, the only gamebird feed my TSC has is 5 pound bags of Manna Pro and big bags of Dumor (and I'm taking the word of folks here to stay far away from Dumor...)

Rozzie,
Do you have any kind of local feed mills in the area at all?

My feed comes from 2 hrs away but since I order a lot (combined orders with local folks here as well as my large order) They deliver for a small fee.
They make mainly normal farm grain feed like chicken, pig, goat, sheep, etc.. But will allow me to special order 28% feed that has no medications etc in it.
I have to add grit and oyster shell but thats very little trouble for feed that is exactly what I need.

And the price is better then most feeds in the feed store! since I get it direct from the mill.

Back
Top Bottom