Finally Joined!

JRL1438

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 10, 2014
South Carolina
I am so excited that I finally joined BYC!

I have been getting all of the questions I've had so far answered through this site. I love how everyone is so nice and helpful with each other. I finally told myself to join since I have already spent so much time on here.

My family and I just started out with chickens in April. We decided on raising chickens last year so we were somewhat prepared. We have 7 Cornish Cross, 2 roos & 5 hens which we received from a school that hatched the chicks. We didn't know what kind they were until I called the farm that donated the eggs. I was like "OH NO!", but they are turning out to be some really friendly chickens. One of the roos has a bum leg from birth but gets around great. He comes to us when we are out with them, when he needs to get into the coop or if the rest run off so we can take him over to them. They have been on a strict diet of mostly veggies, free ranging, and some feed so they are not fat and run around. We will see what happens.

We also have 9 chicks that hatched 5/22/14, 2 golden comet/ RIR mix, 1 Buff O/ Black Star mix boy, 6 RIR girls, and we have 2 silkies which we got at 4 weeks old so I guess they are about 6 weeks. Let me not forget our 2 dogs.

I can't wait to get on here and post pics, ask questions, and comment.

Thank You BYC!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

We look froward to helping you, answering your questions, chatting with you and just hanging out with you now that you're a member.

Have you checked out our leaning center yet? Lots of great stuff there!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Back
Top Bottom