Finally made the chicken decision!

dukecitycoop

Hatching
Apr 30, 2016
Southwest U.S.A
Hey everyone.... My name is Chad and I live here in the southwest. My wife and I finally made the jump to get some chickens. We have been thinking about owning chickens for about 4 years now. We moved from our townhouse and into a huge corner lot with tons of room in the back yard. I went to a great farming town close to ours and bought a hand made coop. Next, we went to a local lady that had some Black Australorp hens for sale. We picked out 3, ranging from 5 months to 8 months. While holding the 8 month old hen, she popped out a beautiful egg! I thought this was a sign, so I bought all three.... We have moved them in to the yard and have the coop set up. I am a total beginner to chickens but look forward to learning and raising some great hens. Glad to be here. Chad

Welcome to BYC and to the chicken addiction - so glad you've joined us.
Had to smile at the egg story - two years ago at the fair one of the 4-Hers had a hen lay an egg while she was holding her in the show ring.

That is funny
gig.gif
. She was so excited about coming to live with you that she popped an egg out. Or maybe that was an audition , so you would take her. Black Australorps are very good birds to have and heavy layers.

Hey everyone.... My name is Chad and I live here in the southwest. My wife and I finally made the jump to get some chickens. We have been thinking about owning chickens for about 4 years now. We moved from our townhouse and into a huge corner lot with tons of room in the back yard. I went to a great farming town close to ours and bought a hand made coop. Next, we went to a local lady that had some Black Australorp hens for sale. We picked out 3, ranging from 5 months to 8 months. While holding the 8 month old hen, she popped out a beautiful egg! I thought this was a sign, so I bought all three.... We have moved them in to the yard and have the coop set up. I am a total beginner to chickens but look forward to learning and raising some great hens. Glad to be here. Chad
welcome-byc.gif

Your coop is so cute - if that is it in your avatar.... you and your wife are going to love love love having your own chickens!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom