Finally! My Marans finally gave me an egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Cherrypie, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Cherrypie

Cherrypie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2009
    Puyallup
    I've been waiting a long time for my Blue Cuckoo Marans to give me an egg and today was the day. It was just a bitty thing, pale in color, but a beautiful sight nonetheless. I don't know if the eggshells will get darker (like terracotta) because she is a blue cuckoo, but I'm just glad she decided to lay! [​IMG]

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Congrats![​IMG] How about a pic???

3. pine top

pine top Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2009
    i have 2 cuckoo marans that are barred i thought thay all were suposed to lay dark brown eggs

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I want cuckoo marans too! I think I might get some this spring. Congrats on the egg! [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sometimes the first egg is lighter than normal. My Welsummer that I used to have laid a pretty light first egg, but later, the eggs were what you'd want and expect from her breed. It's like it takes a couple tries to get the "paint factory" up and running.

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG]

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!

Good to know Cynthia.............I probably would have freaked when my welsummers lay their first eggs. But they are almost 8 weeks old, so I still have some waiting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by