Finally my rooster is crowing!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ticks, Jun 23, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    He is 10 weeks old and it is not very loud, but, its a crow! I'm excited!

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I had a 10 week old roo just crow a few days ago too for the first time. Its so funny how they are soooo serious about it.....but it just makes me wanna laugh [​IMG]

3. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    I have an ee roo that just started crowing at the ripe old age of 4 1/2 weeks old! Talk about getting an early start on things.

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Mine is a phoenix

5. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I have an EE that's 4 months old, and he hardly ever crows. He'd rather chase the females and bite them! :eek:

My lovely Jean-Robert (Cuckoo Marans) crows like a crazy dood. It doesn't sound like a crow, it sounds like a foghorn.

He goes "cuh-CAAAAAAAHHHH-EEEK!" Like, what IS that?

6. Red

Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    I have a 13 week old roo who hasn't crowed yet...i'm enjoying him while he's quiet [​IMG]

7. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    I was stunned to hear him crowing to say the least. I knew he was going to be a roo because his comb was turning dark pink and his feathers are just different from the pullets. He was destined to be a roo I guess LOL! His crow is quite unique and isnt like a regular first time crower either. Very suttle but definately a crow.

8. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    My ee roo just started crowing too. At first, he would just do it once or twice very early in the morning, and about an hour ago he crowed really loud twice. I went to see what was going on and him and his ladies were at the glass sliding door looking in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by