FINALLY! SWOLLEN EYE SINUS LUMP SWELLING CURE TREATMENT

Pics

I eat the eggs after waiting about a week. I do not sell eggs, nor do I give them away. The meat duck I sell are never treated with antibiotics.

Csportpny
Aren't you afraid the egG will have some of this  "DRU NOT APPOVED FOR CHICKENS";
STILL IN ITS BODY AND THUS EATING THE EGGS GIVES YOU SOME OF THE DRUG?

Most of the birds I have used it on were too young to lay, male, or not laying. The drug actually clears the meat and eggs in less than a week, so I don't worry about it.

Or are the 500 mg tabs Cipro?

​Yesiree, the 500mg tabs are Cipro  (the enrofloxacin tabs I found were 10 mg)--- and YES I would LOVE to know how to make that Cipro suspension, I've got my mortar and pestle ready and I'll track down some of that sweet stuff asap :)

That table you posted with antibiotic sensitivities to E. Coli is awesome, really makes you wonder why anyone even tries to treat this kind of stuff with penicillin, tetracyclines or tylosin?  That E. coli is one bad player.

If you want to save money, you could buy a gram scale, weigh the pill, and calculated the number of mg per gram, then dose the proper amount in a little distilled water. Should be distilled because I think the Cipro will bind with minerals in the water.

If you want to save money, you could buy a gram scale, weigh the pill, and calculated the number of mg per gram, then dose the proper amount in a little distilled water. Should be distilled because I think the Cipro will bind with minerals in the water.
Casportpony
What does this mean?
IE Should be distilled because I think the Cipro will bind with minerals in the water.

Most of the birds I have used it on were too young to lay, male, or not laying. The drug actually clears the meat and eggs in less than a week, so I don't worry about it.

Casportpony
You say It passes out of the bird in less than a    weeks time?
Where do you get that information?

Google enrofloxacin egg withdrawal.

Casportpony
You said in a post.
"you did't know where to buy the medication"?.
Don't you generally go to a Vet for these drugs?
Are they available in the public buying
?
Where do you buy them?
Especially if they are not approved by the FDA for poultry?
THESE MEDICATIONS ARE USED FOR WHAT DISEASES IN POULTRY?
THANKS OR ANSWERING THESE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS.
Glenda Heywood

Last edited:

You found 500 mg enrofloxacin tabs?

Casportpony
What in the world would any one use that strong of a medication on a chicken?
If you are to use 10 mg per bird
THEN YOU WOUL HAVE TO CUT THE PILL IN 5 PIECES!!!
WHAT DISEASE IS THIS USED FOR?

It's a human drug, so that's why it's 500 mg. I'm not sure what a five pound chicken would get, but I'm gonna guess it's about 50 mg. Cutting a pill will not work. Pill has to be crushed and added to suspension, or crushed, weighed, and dosed mixed in a little water. Either way, the bird must be weighed and some math needs to be done.

Casportpony
You said in a post.
"you did't know where to buy the mediation"?.
Don't you generally go to a Vet for these drugs?
Are they available in the public buyng?
Where do you buy them?
Especially if they are not aproved by the FDA?
THESE MEDICATIONS ARE USED FOR WHAT DISEASES IN POULTR?
THANKS OR ANSWERING THESE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS.
Glenda Heywood

Oh, I know exactly where to get all these medications, but this is not the thread to discuss that, nor is it the right thread to debate using non FDA approved medications.

Three drugs have been talked about in this thread, Clavamox, Baytril, and Cipro. Clavamox treats many gram positive and gram negative bacteria, I think, and Baytril and Cipro tend to treat mostly gram negative bacteria. I don't write well enough to explain that, so I suggest that everyone google gram negative vs gram positive bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom