FINALLY took some pics of my coop! UPDATE #14!!

chickerdoodle

Songster
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
Oregon
I realized I never took photos of my coop once it was painted. I also now realize I forgot to take a photo of the "human" door on the side, silly me. Oh well here is what I have:

39619_patio_and_small_pond_next_to_coop.jpg

39619_coop_painted_to_maatch_house.jpg

These are all childproof locks--almost adult proof at times,
lol.png
LOL.

39619_side_of_coop_next_to_house.jpg

39619_front_of_coop_with_lower_chicken_door_on_bottom_with_expand_o_run.jpg

This is the 'expand-o" run (my term as its movable and can be smaller or bigger) that is off the little chicken door on the end of their permanent coop.

Girls enjoying their morning wet mash in the expand-o run. They can go in and out of this run from their coop only when we are home in the house. They can go in the yard for grazing when we can stay in the yard with them. The expand-o run is covered with netting as we have hawks.
39619_the_girls_enjoying_thier_morning_mash_in_the_expand-o_run.jpg

39619_inside_hen_house_before_paint_on_the_opposite_side.jpg

This is inside the hen house. The windows open easily and all are covered with 1/2" hardware cloth. We put the hardware cloth on the ventilation area (the open area) just so they wouldn't roost there. The entire coop is covered with hardware cloth --even 6" under the run. We put 6" of sand on the run floor and they love it.

39619_inside_hen_house_before_paint.jpg

Comments (good or bad) are welcome as there is always room for improvement. Oh--the footprint is 4x13 and the hen house is 5x4 for our 5 lovely ladies.

Last edited:
Now I have coop envy.

How gorgeous. How so very well constructed and secure! What a lovely landscaping you have created!

As soon as I get home from work I'm gonna go into the back yard and kick one of my coops just 'cause none of mine will EVER be as pretty as yours.

Quote:
The chickens too.

yuckyuck.gif

It would be quite expensive to move the coop and the girls across the entire country
lol.png
Thanks!​

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif

Thanks so much! I took lots of ideas from the BYC coop pages and then added some ideas of my own. We wanted to make it so low maintenance in case my darling hubby and I decide to get lazy.

Back
Top Bottom