Finch Egg Incubation!

Pics
UH OH! POOT AND PIKACHU AREN'T SITTING ON THEIR BABIES! THEY MIGHT BE GETTING COLD, BUT I DON'T KNOW! TELL ME IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE A DIY BROODER AND RAISE THEM MYSELF, BECAUSE IF I DON'T SEE THEM ON IN A FEW HOURS, I'LL GLADLY TAKE CARE OF THEM! THEY'RE JUST HOPPING AROUND LIKE THEY'VE NEVER EVEN HAD EGGS! IS THIS NORMAL?!

What are they doing now? It's my morning so I've just come on. If the room temperature is warm enough they may feel like they can leave them for a bit of a break. It is extremely difficult to raise the tiny finches when they've only just hatched. I tried with some Society chicks and they didn't make it.

They threw the dead one out... I don't think its warm enough. I'm heading out for formula soon cause they're not feeding the poor thing thats begging. All I'm asking is do you have any tips to set up the brooder? I only have a heat lamp available.. I know that it was most likely not warm enough because one chick died.. The other poor thing is begging for food and they just seem to ignore it. I know the chances of a newbie raising such a tiny chick is thin, but I can at least try, otherwise it might just end up dying itself. Thanks for the article, I'll read it.

I don't think there's any way this chick will survive... It doesn't beg anymore.. Its wings are blood-red. I think Pikachu nipped it. Poor thing... I think it's too late now.. R.I.P. little birdie :( :hit

I'm sorry! First time parents often don't know what to do with chicks when they hatch. It's not unusual for them to fail first time round. They will do better next time. It is the tough part of breeding birds, especially finches.

Okay, thank you. I have an old incubator, could I possible use it for the chick to keep it warm? This poor thing doesn't respond anymore. It's losing its life quickly!

Yes, an incubator keeps the temperature more stable than a heat lamp. Good luck. Let it warm up for an hour or two before trying to feed it.

Unfortuneately, that chick died. I went to do the autopsy because she wasn't doing so great and, I got a fully developed chick!! I put her in the incubator. I checked the other and it was almost developed, so I put half of the shell around the bottom, and now I'm preparing the incubator. How hot does it have to be in celsius? I need answers asap! Will the undeveloped chick live? Everyone says that I'm just going to end up killing them and that I should've left them alone.. Should I have?! I don't know at this point!!

Back
Top Bottom