finch keeps trying to get in the window?!

I am having the same thing this little bird is so cute it jumps from our sliding door back to our kitchen window trying to get in, I thought of leaving the window open but I’m not sure how to catch her if she comes in and can’t get out. This one is a little Zebra finch I think.

There's a finch(I think it's an American Gold Finch?) that has been flying up to the same window and sitting there on the side of it. She will tap her beak on the glass by shaking her head back and forth several times, then fly away, then come back, then fly away. It's like she wants to get in. Or maybe she was caught as a baby and tamed by someone, but then got lost and thinks this is her home?
idunno.gif
Anyway, the window is opened now because we want to see if she flies in and is friendly. If not, we will have to catch her and put her back outside. And don't worry; we know how to catch little birds like that. My dad has parakeets and finches and sometimes they start flying around out of their cage when they aren't suppose to, we've learned to catch them without hurting them.

*Ah! The finch is back! She walks along the side of the window, shaking her head and tapping the glass.
hu.gif
What's she doing and what does she want?! I'm sure she knows the window is there, and she can fly and doesn't act injured.
Probably a male and defending territory from his reflection. We have a cardinal who flaps at our big windows daily now. Oops, i read further. Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom