Finch nest

So I got a good look of the bird, and it's a small tanish-brown little fast bird laying small (probably smaller than a dime) blue speckled eggs. Any ideas on what kind of bird?

After some research, it actually may be a finch, just like yours!
When you look up finch eggs, a lot of them turn out blue speckled, just like the ones I saw!
And some birds even look similar! I think it might be it!

After some research, it actually may be a finch, just like yours!
When you look up finch eggs, a lot of them turn out blue speckled, just like the ones I saw!
And some birds even look similar! I think it might be it!
Maybe, but the finch eggs were larger than a dime I feel.

Maybe, but the finch eggs were larger than a dime I feel.
Well, looks like the finch decided to lay more eggs...not sure if it’s the same finch, but that finch is not really afraid of human smell. Here’s the story:

After the first batch of finch eggs hatched and flew away, a day after, heavy winds blew down the box where the nest was on (we won’t be returning the item anymore). I picked up the box, set it up, and re-placed the nest on the box like it used to be. Approximately 2-3 days after I did so, I saw another finch fly in and out of the nest. I then decided to look into it with a small ladder. And it appears that there are 2 more eggs! So I guess they will have more babies!

Well, looks like the finch decided to lay more eggs...not sure if it’s the same finch, but that finch is not really afraid of human smell. Here’s the story:

After the first batch of finch eggs hatched and flew away, a day after, heavy winds blew down the box where the nest was on (we won’t be returning the item anymore). I picked up the box, set it up, and re-placed the nest on the box like it used to be. Approximately 2-3 days after I did so, I saw another finch fly in and out of the nest. I then decided to look into it with a small ladder. And it appears that there are 2 more eggs! So I guess they will have more babies!
Great!

I just looked into the nest, and I see 3 little chirpers!
1 more egg!

Back
Top Bottom