1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finding your phone's software version

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

If you're reporting a bug to us, we need to know as much as possible about what smartphone you're using and what version of software it's running. Here's how to find the operating system version on some popular devices.

iPhone

Most iPhones, iPods, and iPads work the same way:

Homescreen --> Settings --> General --> About --> Version & Model (these are the numbers we need).

[​IMG]

Android

Android devices vary a little between different versions and manufacturers but it will be something like:

Homescreen --> Settings --> About Phone --> Software Information --> Android Version

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. flyinhigh

flyinhigh Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2012
    On planet
    Somebody posted to go onto the site and even tho I'm on mobile to change it to desktop to make my changes! It WORKED beautifully! Thank you thank you thank you! Oh it was SO easy after being thwarted so many times! I am so HAPPY!

3. shadowcat31

shadowcat31 New Egg

Apr 15, 2015
    Mine is a 4.4.2. Where do I go from there? Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by