Finish this sentence: "You know you're addicted to chickens when..."

I've got another one:
You know you're addicted to chickens when you're friends ask you if you have a Facebook or an Instagram account, and you say "no, but I have a backyard Chickens account!"
big_smile.png
I have a horse/chicken instagram account
big_smile.png

You know your addicted to chickens when you want a bigger coop. Have the most your coop will handle. Always have a treat for them. Each one has a name. You spend hours teaching your bird dog that they are friends not food.

I have 14 coupes with one to Five roos per coupe and then there are the girls. I have been working at breeding them to make them the most beautiful I can. NOT enough Coupes. All I can think is I retire and start drawing my Social Security Checks this year and I keep planning how I will add more coupes and keep trying to perfect my darlings. I do not eat their eggs. I raise other chickens just for their eggs to feed my darlings. YUP, I am hooked, all I need now is an old Cadillac Coupe DeVille sitting in the front yard with the doors open and the engine block removed and trees growing up thru the car for them to nest in and to crawl about.

Last edited:
Decided to find an old skeleton of a Cadillac to slap in the front yard to make into a chicken coop/ cross that out coupe.

My next project a car made into a chicken house. Why not? After I had my husband bulldoze the old out house with his old tractor and afterwards,.. It hit me, Ta Ta Taaaa. I could have converted it into a chicken house. It even had a window. Too late. After my husband put it high up on the burn pile a neighbor came by and saw it and asked for it. My husband got the tractor and got it down off those trees he had piled up for a big burn.

You know you're addicted to chickens when you dream of collecting juicy bugs in a jar for them. I dreamed that last night.

Not just Bugs but juice bugs?
Did you see on site someone has ordered crickets?
I thought my mealy worm raising was over and above board. I got to get me a cricket farm.

Not just Bugs but juice bugs?
Did you see on site someone has ordered crickets?
I thought my mealy worm raising was over and above board. I got to get me a cricket farm.

They were giant juicy bugs. :) I saw that with the crickets. I'm going to look into meal worms. Cricket farm, that just sounds too funny! Love it.

I just had this at breakfast... When you announce: I hope our new Chickie cages don't leak in this weather. The poor girls will be terrified. The cage roofs are metal. We could get hail at home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom