FINNALLY! Found BEI hatching eggs! Hatching Q.

Well I have hatched under ducks and incubators. And both have done the same with hatching. But It really depends with an incubator. The quality of the incubator and how it does well with humidity. If you can keep the humidy steady at all times then you are good to go.

Just to say you cant use an automatic turner with ducks eggs. You have to hand turn them yourself. They just dont seem to hatch very good that way.

They seem to hatch well by themselves...I havnt had a problem with them hatching before. And they dont seem to have problems with their beaks.

The only thing I have had problems with is them getting dry and getting stuck to the inside of the egg. The humidity factor. Then I would have to help them

But they are the most wonderful things when they hatch. I call them little cockroaches. Because of how fast they run around lol
But you will have to tell me if you hatch out a crested. You will know because it will have a funny poof on its head lol
Its a rare thing but you might get one at some point if you ever hatch some more

I also figure that you would want to know how to tell what gender they are when they hatch. The girls always have bright white sun patches on the chest. The boys have very little or nothing at all.

And if you hug and love on them enough you can make them very friendly. I have one that lets me pick it up and pet it. She also sits on my lap and even gives me kisses
big_smile.png

Quote:
I read through the posts above and there is some good info there but I don't think anyone really answered your question. Some differences between calls and BIE (BTW B could stand for Blue as well as Black but Blues are rarer) Calls have relatively large heads but very short necks and bills, these put them at a disadvantage when it comes to hatching. BIE are more like real ducks except bantam. They should hatch easily compared to Calls, much like Mallards. Good Luck with your hatch.

Just to say you cant use an automatic turner with ducks eggs. You have to hand turn them yourself. They just dont seem to hatch very good that way.

I agree 100%. I have been having great hatches with my duck eggs. I was using a brinsea incubator to incubate them. The whole incubator turns, not just egg racks turning.

Last hatch I tried to hatch them in a regular yellow hovabator turner, and I only got 3 ducks to hatch out of around 42 eggs. Most died during the incubation, from the stupid turner.
somad.gif
NEver again will I use one of those turners for my duck eggs. Its either my brinsea (where the whole incubator turns), or hand turning.​

You are totaly right. I cant stand those egg tuners. They are made for those cheap foam incubators. And they seem to be made for fowl then the water kind. I think its because they are turned to many times in one of those or maybe they arnt turned all the way around enough. But who knows. Don't be surprised if you loose most of your hatch with one of those. Better off opening the incubator and turning them yourselves.

But anyways the cheap foam incubators work.. But Like I said its hard to keep the humidy up with those...

If you get one of those big fancy ones. You can just put them in candle them a few times and leave them set. It does all the work for you...

And dont those have the special turners to give you the option of how many times the eggs can be turned? Is there any such thing?

I was just wondering
tongue.png

I never had one. I just let my silkies do the work hahaha lol

Back
Top Bottom