Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Pics
Good idea!
That also made me think of not chewing on things that aren't toys.

To the general everyone: Is there a way to teach a dog to jump on things, but by invitation?
Well, since someone already answered that, I recommend that you leave the puppy alone in your room for some time every once in awhile. Although, it may be hard, it is the best way to train them to not have separation anxiety from early on. I also recommend that you also train him to like his tooth brush...you can look on YouTube for videos. Because if you want him to have good dental health, it is best to brush his teeth everyday and him liking it is going to be very helpful. These are the two biggest mistakes I made with my first dog

Well, since someone already answered that, I recommend that you leave the puppy alone in your room for some time every once in awhile.
Puppy will be alone in a crate for several hours a day (not more than like 5 hours max) but crate training is how we're going to work on potty training as well.
Although, it may be hard, it is the best way to train them to not have separation anxiety from early on. I also recommend that you also train him to like his tooth brush...you can look on YouTube for videos. Because if you want him to have good dental health, it is best to brush his teeth everyday and him liking it is going to be very helpful. These are the two biggest mistakes I made with my first dog
Great idea! I'll try to brush him with a brush brush every day, and maybe toothbrush every other day... I'd also like him to get used to being touched all over to make it easier at the vet and groomer, so I'll give him paw and ear rubs and the like.

Puppy will be alone in a crate for several hours a day (not more than like 5 hours max) but crate training is how we're going to work on potty training as well.

Great idea! I'll try to brush him with a brush brush every day, and maybe toothbrush every other day... I'd also like him to get used to being touched all over to make it easier at the vet and groomer, so I'll give him paw and ear rubs and the like.
Make sure you integrate the toothbrush slowly, my dog ended up hating it!

I’ve learned to get them used to clothes at a young age... one of my dogs is so afraid of wearing doggy clothes, she hides in a corner when I get one out.
But they are very cute in them!!!

Attachments

• AA068D72-ABFC-4E2D-A2B4-29042E89FDB2.jpeg
    AA068D72-ABFC-4E2D-A2B4-29042E89FDB2.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 31202763-740A-4BA9-919D-2076CE9FEFF9.jpeg
    31202763-740A-4BA9-919D-2076CE9FEFF9.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 6
Also they make some really nice harnesses. Not all of them look ridiculous. There’s a lot of really cool ones. Also, be aware that just because they walk well on one tool does not necessarily mean they will walk well on another. So you would have to retrain them anyway if you switched to a flat later. So I’d say it would be easier to just start on the tool you want to use. It won’t hurt them if you train properly and prevent pulling from the beginning. And puppies are very easy to teach leash manners to especially with food hahah

Good idea!
That also made me think of not chewing on things that aren't toys.

To the general everyone: Is there a way to teach a dog to jump on things, but by invitation?
Just don’t let them up unless you invite them. If they jump up uninvited, make them get off. You would need to teach a command for each such as “up up” or something for getting up and “off” for, well, getting off LOL

Back
Top Bottom