Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Pics
My plan for the first things to work on him is:
-walking on a leash properly
-recall
-sit
-down
-how to properly take treats without snapping my hand with his needle teeth

Those will all be first priority, with next priority (with overlap, of course) will be 'leave it' and drop it'.
I'd also like to get him to know how to settle quickly instead of bouncing of the walls for 10 minutes after play, and throughout this whole time I'll be working to eliminate jumping and mouthing.
Is there anything else that I need to do before I can just work on whatever with him?

My plan for the first things to work on him is:
-walking on a leash properly
-recall
-sit
-down
-how to properly take treats without snapping my hand with his needle teeth

Those will all be first priority, with next priority (with overlap, of course) will be 'leave it' and drop it'.
I'd also like to get him to know how to settle quickly instead of bouncing of the walls for 10 minutes after play, and throughout this whole time I'll be working to eliminate jumping and mouthing.
Is there anything else that I need to do before I can just work on whatever with him?

don't over work him

engagement and how to follow a lure

I’d say working on preventing them from jumping on furniture too. Two of my dogs have both jumped on my BED and decided to do their business there at one point.:tongue I’ve found it useful to use the command ‘come on’ when they are allowed to snuggle for movies and ‘off’ for when I want them off of a couch or sofa.

I’d say working on preventing them from jumping on furniture too. Two of my dogs have both jumped on my BED and decided to do their business there at one point.:tongue I’ve found it useful to use the command ‘come on’ when they are allowed to snuggle for movies and ‘off’ for when I want them off of a couch or sofa.
Good idea!
That also made me think of not chewing on things that aren't toys.

To the general everyone: Is there a way to teach a dog to jump on things, but by invitation?

Back
Top Bottom