Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Is it the one that says #sayitonceslowmochallenge? In that one, he’s not actually heeling, that’s just where I want him to walk. I’m working on a separate competition heel.
to prevent forging, you can reward from behind your legs (if your dog is small, put some peanut butter on a spoon and use that to reward without bending as much). You can also turn into your dog if she forgets, or, if you don’t care about her going behind you, you can just turn around when she gets past the point where you’d like her so that she’s always behind.
Yes, that one. Thanks for the tips!!

I'm feeling like we could do a setup like this:
Nosework:
black tactical harness
black patches with sparkly purple text
1636655324340.png

They'd say 'Finn' and 'Nosework' depending on where they would go on his vest
purple and lavender 8ft biothane leash
1636652451681.png

Like this ^^ with lavender main color and purple ends, and longer
for rally runs:
two tone lavender and purple biothane collar
1636654646597.png

Very similar to this one, but with lavender instead of grey (the purple is making that grey look purpley)

matching 4ft or 6ft leash (same as 8ft one, but shorter)

I'd have silver hardware on everything.

Last edited:
Nosework:
black tactical harness
View attachment 2895292
View attachment 2895257
for rally runs:
View attachment 2895285
Very similar to this one, but with lavender instead of grey (the purple is making that grey look purpley)

I stopped getting notifications :(. I think purple would look nice!

Nosework:
black tactical harness
View attachment 2895292
View attachment 2895257
for rally runs:
View attachment 2895285

I actually like the grey/purple combo on the collar. :D

I actually like the grey/purple combo on the collar. :D
I do too! But I want everything to match, and I don't think that the black and the grey would go
if I didn't have the black vest, I'd definitely be doing a pink and grey theme.
1636677384765.png

You can see the colors here- I think that lavender will still look really good

This is all from a shop called Nose and Heart, btw: noseandheart.com (the leashes and collar are)

Wow! I read the first 40 pages then skipped to the end. I love Finn!

I am a little confused though.

Finn has the all clear to see other dogs!! (He went to the vet today) He met a neighbor's super nice golden retriever, and we're going to set something up with my bestest friend, our friends' labradoodle (obviously Finn is my bestest friend but LD (labradoodle) is my best other dog friend because she gives me hugs). LD is energetic but super well behaved, and isn't too much bigger than Finn.

I do not recommend getting a labradoodle. They are full of false promises, because they are crosses. Coat type varies from short to long to wirey to soft to curly to straight to a full double coat to an extremely thin coat. You don't know what you'll get. Doodles aren't actually a 'no shedding' cross. In reality, you either end up with a dog that sheds, or a dog that sheds, but because of coat texture, the shed hair gets caught, forming painful, dense mats. Most doodle coats are very, very high maintenance, a fact that many breeders lie about.

Similarly, with temperament- you won't necessarily get the 'best' of both breeds. You could get the snappiness of a miniature poodle and the extremely high energy of a lab. The chance of having a puppy with a whack temperament is made so much higher because no reputable breeders of labs or poodles will sell to a doodle breeder. Therefore the foundation dogs are likely poorly structured, unhealthy, and not temperament tested. It is SO easy to get a hyperactive dog, or a snappy dog, or a fearful dog, or a dog that has no will to please, or a dog with some combination of those traits. There IS NO WAY for breeders to test a dog's worth ethic or temperament in any official setting, because AKC canine partners registrations (what allow mixed breed dogs to compete) require the dog to be neutered.

My neighbors' labradoodle puppy is hyperactive and has no will to please whatsoever, making her an extremely difficult dog to manage.
Size is also not guaranteed- going back to the previous puppy, she was supposed to be 30 pounds and now weighs 60.

Many say that mixed breed dogs are healthier, but this could not be further from the truth. There's no reason that you couldn't end up with a dog that has cancer and joint problems from the lab line, and a skin condition and food allergies from the poodle line. The healthiest dog that you will get is from a breeder who has complete health testing going back generations. Also, with the foundation dogs being from poor breeders, they will likely not be correctly structured. Some things are cosmetic, like tailset, but, for example, a dog with straight, incorrect angles will have restricted movement and a higher chance of developing joint problems.

Finally, consider two things that don't affect the dog itself.

There are breeders that have dedicated their lives, their time, their money, their everything to bettering their chosen breed. In my eyes, buying a doodle is a huge slap in the face to those who have done their absolute best to improve and protect the breed that they care so deeply about.

The price- keeping this short and sweet. Would you pay $3000+ for a lab x husky? what about a lab x shiba inu? What about a lab x chow chow? What about a lab x great dane?

I hope that you read this through. I'm not going to debate this point beyond this post, but this is my honest opinion as someone who is involved in dog showing, training, and breeding.

I'm still not planning to get a Labradoodle, I'm just rather confused. :)

Back
Top Bottom