Fiona laid a soft egg with a tube at the end today

RoosterThigh

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2013
Indiana
My Blue Swede just started laying and today was her 6th egg. She has been giving 1 a day. Her eggs have been great and very strong shelled and hard to crack. Last night she was acting a little strangely by just laying on the ground when we approached she was also very quiet. The male was up and walking and she always is too. She did eat when we fed them and then a couple of hours later she was acting better and talking as usual.

Today her egg wasn't in the place she always lays it, instead it was in the creek. I picked it up and it is very soft and has some yolk on the outside and a tube at the end. (See Picture). I'm hoping this is nothing to worry about and just a beginner body mishap. If anyone knows anything please post.

Thanks

My Blue Swede just started laying and today was her 6th egg. She has been giving 1 a day. Her eggs have been great and very strong shelled and hard to crack. Last night she was acting a little strangely by just laying on the ground when we approached she was also very quiet. The male was up and walking and she always is too. She did eat when we fed them and then a couple of hours later she was acting better and talking as usual.

Today her egg wasn't in the place she always lays it, instead it was in the creek. I picked it up and it is very soft and has some yolk on the outside and a tube at the end. (See Picture). I'm hoping this is nothing to worry about and just a beginner body mishap. If anyone knows anything please post.

Thanks

When they start to lay, you can get some strange eggs. Be sure to put out crushed oyster shell so she gets enough calcium!! Calcium will help with the shells and help her body adjust to laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom