Firearms in States/Provinces/Countries where they are outlawed....

Quote:
I live in NY and have a full carry concealed permit. My permit is issued as full cary by the state of NY. It then goes to the county judge where you reside. He/she may place restrictions on your permit. Such as target/hunting only. But every permit issued in NY is a full carry concealed permit until restrictions are placed. I happen to live in a county that applies no restrictions. You stated that your friend in NY needed permission to own a firearm. Here you do not need permission to purchase or own a rifle, shotgun. Permission through a permit is for handguns only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
WHY have the citizens of New York allowed your 2nd ammendment right to be erroded to this extent? The right to bear arms is guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Not you can IF the government thinks you're good enough. Why won't anyone speak to this issue.
Everyone who's responding are from states that, for the most part, follow the Constitution. And what about Canada and Australia, and the rest of Europe? Why have you allowed your elected officials the power to take away your right to defend life, liberty, and your freedom??

Quote:
WHY have the citizens of New York allowed your 2nd ammendment right to be erroded to this extent? The right to bear arms is guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Not you can IF the government thinks you're good enough. Why won't anyone speak to this issue.
Everyone who's responding are from states that, for the most part, follow the Constitution. And what about Canada and Australia, and the rest of Europe? Why have you allowed your elected officials the power to take away your right to defend life, liberty, and your freedom??

sadly its the same in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Michigan. Should see the looks I get when I go into the police station with a dozen or so after hitting estate auctions all weekend
wink.png
Somehow that got me on some sort of watch list or some such nonsense.

Quote:
That is your constitution not Canada's. We think different, we are raised different. We live a more relaxed life. Freedom hasn't been taken away from us. Actually we probably have more freedom because we don't live in fear of "what if". There isn't any security code yellow, orange or red. The general population doesn't feel threatened by any country or radical group.

As you wonder why we don't feel the need to be armed for what might happen, Canadians don't understand why you feel the need to be armed at the Mall, Walmart or a restaurant etc.? It is sort of polar opposite thinking.

As I said before, don't mistake that for a weakness.

Whatever you do, DO NOT try to enter Canada with a concealed loaded handgun in your vehicle. The Canadian Border Guards get very angry. very angry YOU might get shot. A tourist came pretty close to loosing his life last year.

I would like to hear other Canadians thoughts. Curious to hear the Brits and Aussie's comments too.
But I am pretty sure all countries in the Common Wealth have the same sort of policies.

If you want to own and carry a firearm, then you need to live in a country/state that puts the 2cd amendment in context.

If you live in a state that will NOT allow you to own or makes it difficult for you to own a firearm then this is the circumstance you must deal with.

Sometimes a work or familty issue forces one to live in a gun unfriendly state. The law is unfortunately the law. One could become active in changing these laws, but mostly it is up to the politicians of that particular state. Vote the bums out.

They can come for my guns and my ammo, but they are going to get my ammo FIRST.

I moved from a VERY gun freindly state to another. However, here in Missouri, here in the county I have carried perhaps ONCE. I do not feel the need to carry here so I do not. However, I retain the privilage to do so.

The wife has kids in IL and when she travels there she does so without her trusty 38. Really folks, one MUST obey the gun laws of the country or state you live or travel through. It is not worth getting a conviction so you can not own one in another state.

Last edited:
We live a more relaxed life. Freedom hasn't been taken away from us. Actually we probably have more freedom because we don't live in fear of "what if". There isn't any security code yellow, orange or red. The general population doesn't feel threatened by any country or radical group.

Whatever you do, DO NOT try to enter Canada with a concealed loaded handgun in your vehicle. The Canadian Border Guards get very angry. very angry YOU might get shot. A tourist came pretty close to loosing his life last year.

Considerable contradiction there doncha think?

The difference apparently some Canadians depend on the government to guarantee their safety. Yea good luck with that we have some of the same people here. We here believe in self reliance and I hardly consider living in the governments shadow freedom. People in the USSR had similar freedoms at one time too.

Here in New Hampshire, the "Live Free or Die" state, anyone who is not prohibited from owning a firearm (felons, etc.) may carry it openly. If you want to CCW, you need to get a license from your local Police Chief, who has 14 days from application to either give you one or tell you exactly why they find you unsuitable to have one.

Without getting into too much detail about my personal situation, I'll just say "Molon Lave". I moved here from a very restrictive state (in many more ways than just the topic at hand) and I couldn't be happier. Now I just need to finally get me some chickens!
wink.png

Quote:
If it isn't your country, why do you feel the need to attack their way of living? Frankly, I'd rather have Canada's stance on guns but I am aware that, on this board especially, I am in the minority. Considering their violent crime rate is less than ours, maybe their way is working pretty well for them.

Quote:
If it isn't your country, why do you feel the need to attack their way of living? Frankly, I'd rather have Canada's stance on guns but I am aware that, on this board especially, I am in the minority. Considering their violent crime rate is less than ours, maybe their way is working pretty well for them.

ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!
They have different ways of "reporting" crimes. Even one Canadian poster mentions the "wanna-be's". They're not dangerous?? I'll bet they're armed. I'm AM NOT attacking another countries "way of living". I've considered moving to Canada myself. But I have a friend FROM Canada who left because of this issue. His father told him when he was a little kid that "the day Canada takes our guns, is the day you need to move south of the border". His father was a highly decorated Canadian WWII vet and knew the value of an armed society. Guns not only can protect you from the bad guys, they also (at least they used to) keep the government in line. THAT was the biggest reason the 2nd ammendment was enacted. I don't know the exact quote (I''m sure someone here does) but a government should fear the people when not acting in the country's best interest and anyone who would try and usurp MY and YOUR freedoms should be fearful.
Violent crime is rampant in England, Scandanavia (just watched a NATGEO special on the Hell Angels and another biker gang in Scandanavia. It was WAR in the streets and no one could fight back), Russia, and on and on. Violent crime is rampant worldwide. WE (the USA) have a high crime rate because the MEDIA tells you we do.
If YOU don't want to own an "evil" gun DON'T. Thats the beauty of our system. We have the freedom to CHOOSE if we protect whats ours. Take that freedom away and what are we left with.......ask a few older Jews who lived in Germany during WWII (those that survived) or ask a Cuban (if you can get one to speak freely, most are too afraid of spies, aka their neighbor) or that little kid in Africa that just watched his family be butchered because they couldn't defend themselves.
I DO NOT advocate violence. EVER. But I was a Boy Scout and am always prepared.
I've traveled the world while serving in the Navy. I've seen free countries and those who aren't. Thank you, I'll stay home now. A capatalist society is a FREE society. An armed capatalist society is FREE and SAFE.

Back
Top Bottom