Firearms in States/Provinces/Countries where they are outlawed....

Miltonchix

Taking a Break
12 Years
Jul 14, 2007
Milton, Florida
I have a good friend who lives in New York state. He's telling me that if he wants to OWN a firearm he has to get permission from the county/state where he resides. He's in a rural area where shooting/hunting is allowed, again, by permission of the state.
What do you do to protect you and yours, LEGALLY?? And, do agree with these unneccesary restrictions of your freedom/liberty?

This is not a discussion on the "EVIL" gun. For every reason you may have to ban firearms I can give you 20 why they should be in every household of every LAW ABIDING citizen.
I'm staying out, y'all know my opinion.

People in Nova Scotia on average would not own a gun... those in the country but we don't have the same thought process or laws as those in the US (or comfort level IMO)... It would be unusual for someone to point a gun at someone due to tresspassing....

This of course is excluding the little ganster wanna be's.... who shoot each other ramdomly.

Application Forms & Process:
No one under 18 can get this licence because it is illegal in Canada for minors to own or acquire firearms. [But see also the Minor's Possession Only Licence .]
You have to have a Canadian Firearms Safety Course Test Certificate (and/or Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course Test Certificate) in order to apply for this licence.

An application form can be obtained from the Canadian Firearms Centre [see above], or from the Canadian Firearms Centre website.

The completed application form is mailed using the addressed envelope which comes with the forms, along with the appropriate fee [see Price, below].

Note: the application fee is non-refundable, whether your application is approved or not.

If all requirements are met and the application is approved, the licence will be sent to the applicant by mail.

Waiting Period:
There is a mandatory 28 day waiting period for this licence once it has been approved.
Expiry & Renewal:
This certificate is valid for 5 years from the date it is issued, and can be renewed. A notice will be sent to you reminding you to renew.
Price & Payment: (No tax is charged)
Initial Application (non-refundable):
$60 [non-restricted firearms (including most long guns)]
$80 [restricted firearms (including handguns)]
Renewal: same as above

Related Requirements:
Canadian Firearms Safety Course Test Certificate (and/or Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course Test Certificate).
Additional Information:
1.In Canada, firearms are classified as (a) "non-restricted" [such as rifles and shotguns]; (b) "restricted" [primarily handguns]; or (c) "prohibited" [automatic and converted automatic firearms, etc.] To determine which class your firearms falls into, please call this toll-free number: 1-800-731-4000.

2.Your firearm licence will identify which class or classes of firearms you are permitted to have.

3.The final deadline for complying with the requirement to have this licence iwas January 1, 2001. At that time, all firearms owners and users in Canada had to have a firearm licence.

4.For information on the Canadian Firearms Act and its Regulations, visit the Canadian Firearms Centre website, or call this toll-free number: 1-800-731-4000.

5.The application fee for this licence is non-refundable, even if the application is refused.

Last edited:
The second amendment gives US citizens the right to bear arms, and we do. My DH and I have taken training & classes to get have the right to carry a concealed weapon. For us, concealing it has more to do with not making "non-gun" people uncomfortable than any sort of sneakiness. Some folks are just skittish about that sort of thing.

Former deputy here. Have more than enough firearms to hand out if need be, Washington is a SHALL ISSUE state, so as long as you have no felonies or DV issues, you can apply for and get a concealed carry permit. I actually had a carry permit for BC (Canada) because the county I was a deputy in had a small section of land that we had to drive through Canada to get to. (Point Roberts)

You can purchase pistols, rifles, and shotguns, and there are no magazine restrictions as to round count. We can own suppressors, but not use them (silly), and unless you owned a fully auto firearm before 1994, you cannot possess one in WA.

Drawn twice, no shots fired, once as a civilian, once as a deputy, never had a legal issue.

I would never live anywhere that was essentially a "gun free zone" because the criminals don't obey the law, and they will have a gun.

Quote:
Okay I said I'd stay out but I would like to be enlightened as to why you would never consider protecting you and yours IF/WHEN the need arises. MOST people are good. It only takes one or two deranged crackpots to cause great harm. And they live in Canada and England and.......on and on. Why is the thought process of being prepared ....bad?? The police are the LAST RESORT. By the time they could arrive it would be way too late.

The 2nd amendment is very clear... it doesn't take "Judges" to tell the people what the 2nd amendment means, or do they have the right to tell a "Law Abiding" American that they can't own a firearm! Sad, so Sad what this country has become
sad.png

God, Guns & Guts formed this great Country!!
wink.png

My wife and I lived in FL most of our lives. We both have concealed carry permits. We moved to GA about 5 years ago. Recently, I noticed a man in civilian clothes and no badge carrying openly in a drug store. A few days later, another one, in a grocery store. I approached the man and inquired as to the legality of carrying a firearm in that manner. I was informed that, in GA, it is legal to carry openly without a permit. To carry concealed, a permit is required. Of course, everyone in FL and GA owns a gun of some sort, with very few exceptions. It`s a very safe feeling to know help is close by if evil rears it`s ugly head............Pop

Quote:
You know I agree %10000 . BUT, even in the U.S.of A there are municipalities and states where they have put severe restrictions, if not outright bans (New York City) on the LEGAL ownership of handguns/firearms.
idunno.gif
roll.png
idunno.gif

I'd like to hear from those people. WHY have you let your rights be taken away on some misguided premise that it will reduce crime??!! Every so-called study ALWAYS proves the same thing.
LEGAL GUN OWNERSHIP = LESS CRIME (and certainly fewer VIOLENT CRIME VICTIMS!)

Back
Top Bottom