Firearms in States/Provinces/Countries where they are outlawed....

The lists of who owns what gun bring up other interesting points. If one of my guns is found today at a crime scene they can come here and check me out. No problem, see how I kept it and if it was not locked up why. Last time I saw it or the day it was reported stolen all might help them figure the crime out.

More important than that IMO though is that in buying a used gun the seller and buyer both have to contact the gun registry. If I don't have it registered to me I can't sell it and you can't buy it legally. That protects both parties, you know I have the gun legally, not stolen or unregistered. I know your legal to walk off with it, and that it's no longer registered in my name so if you do something bad with it I'm off the hook. Another way that gun control keeps guns out of the wrong hands if done right.

I really don't care who knows which guns I own. I'm not going to post a list, but that a list exists in some office is of no concern to me really. I don't know why it would be.

Hard to say that owning a chicken will ever come to this. In some respects cattle are similar already. Ownership has to be traced farm by farm now due to BSE. The calves all get a ear tag serial number now and are traced from birth to slaughter.

Quote:
What an confusing post. First you asked if we agree on the restrictions, but then you warn us not to discuss if we think guns are "evil", hence, disagreeing (even though you specifically asked if we agree). Then you participate in the your own 'forbidden discussion' by saying you have 20 reasons in your favor. Then you announce that you are "staying out" as if you didn't just participate. So I can't figure out if I'm allowed to agree or not, lol.
idunno.gif

There is more than one way to defend and protect yourself. Guns aren't always the best option.

Firearms pose a considerable threat to society, not just the 'big brother' government. They are readily available to anyone with a clean background in most places, can be used to wound and kill at long distances and can be secretly and openly brought into many public places. In 2002 a sniper in DC killed 10 and wounded 3. Two high school kids went to school and killed 13, wounding 21. There are small school shootings annually. Drive by's, hunting accidents, in home accidents, scorned lovers, psychological breakdowns; There are a lot of reasons people get shot and killed.
An Armed society is not always a safe society. It can be a much more on edge, fearful and dangerous society.

WalkingWolf, I really don't feel like responding to you anymore. In quoting thechickengoesRAWR I was hoping for a reply from her.
You have your beliefs, I have mine. Our beliefs conflict so I am leaving it at that.

Quote:
Dar..just curious, whats the huge culture difference between us?
I dont know much about Canada....

BTW..i've never found myself needing a gun here either..
wink.png

(of course i still believe that we should have the right to bear arms if we choose to..)

I am going to start off this response by saying that in no way shape or form is this response meant to "dis" either country... I love both Canada and the USA for different reasons.

Military/ patriotism
the first time I was in the USA as an adult I was overwhelmed with the show of patriotism!
In Canada you MIGHT find 1 house on a block that has a flag

I got angry with my DS school when they were flying a tattered and torn Canadian flag. I actually went to the store and bought the school a new one and demanded they change it before I would leave the school

From the discussions I have been a part of and read here on BYC and from talking to a few of my American friends it seems like everyone knows someone serving in the military, be it a friend neighbor, spouse, ect... In Canada the military connection is not that strong. I will say we are honoring our fallen soldiers alot more in the last 2 years. I would almost be willing bet if you asked an average American how many Americans have lost their life in this war they can tell you. If you asked the average Canadian.. they would not be able to tell you

Gun control
do I really need to go there...LOL

There was a discussion a while ago and there was someone who was at a department store with his family and as they were walking through the parking lot they were nearly mowed down and he was going to pull his gun out and shoot the guy

The average Canadian would have jumped out of the way and yelled and shook their fist at them...

Alcohol consumption
we went to speed week in NC a few years ago and I could not believe the amount of people walking around with open beer and mixed drinks an speed street.
ep.gif

Here in Canada... HECK no you would be charged in a heart beat. When we have a festival everyone drinking alcohol is crammed into a little tent where there is no one under 19 is allowed.

when we went to the track I was floored that we were allowed to bring our own beer in... SWEEETTTT SCORE... In Canada.. ummm no you pay mega coin for a beer in a stadium

smoking (i know this is changing though)
smoking is generally allowed in most places in the USA.. (i know this is in the process of changing)
In Canada, well you cant smoke in your vehicle if you have a child in your car, you cant smoke anywhere in a building so at the hockey game .. pffft heck no. In the open top soccer field.. ummm NO no where in public except in designated areas.

these are a few things off the top of my head that I have directly experienced

you have to take into account that the USA has 9X the population then Canada

watch this one..canada you must fight back like us American do and will.

American citizens watch this one

some of these government politicians would surly love to see us all disarmed

Last edited:
Quote:
All I have to say to that is you cant always believe everything you see on the internet...

propaganda..

My dad has not been forced to get rid of his guns... he is required to have them locked in the safe though when not in use.

he has to declare them at the border when he was traveling into the USA for competitions and not carry live ammo across the border.

he was allowed to fly with his guns. just no ammo

I will add that my dad no longer competes in shooting... his health has taken a downward turn

Also I would like to add that I am not knocking the right to bear arms... to each their own.... just dont look down on us because we think differently and choose not to.. remember WE elected the government that has brought in the gun control so that must mean that the majority of Canadians are in favor of the gun control laws we have ... thats what makes everyone unique

Last edited:
When seconds count the police on average in 2004 were only 11.3 minutes away. A lot can happen in 11 minutes, and the police do a very good job of investigation after the fact. Criminals break laws not obey them gun laws only purpose is to make criminals out of honest people. If crime is not a danger and society does not need them, then their is no need to ban them from honest people. Creating laws to control a tool has proven useless, laws that punish crime are what is needed.

Each major genocide of the 20th century has had its own unique history, says the JPFO in a new book called "Lethal Laws: 'Gun Control' is the Key to Genocide" by Jay Simkin, Aaron Zelman, and Alan M. Rice. But each genocide has been preceded by major gun-control legislation that facilitated the confiscation of weapons from the targeted victims. The most important thing we can do to prevent future genocides, say the authors, is to eliminate gun-control laws from the arsenal of government weapons against the rights of the people.

Most gun-control laws are not specifically designed to facilitate genocide, although a couple of them in this century do seem to have been passed with that goal in mind. Several of the outlaw regimes that declared war against portions of their own populations used laws that had been passed by previous regimes, ostensibly in the interests of crime control, to pave the way for their murderous work.

But genocides have followed patterns. They have usually happened in severely stressed societies, whose officials need scapegoats (often to deflect attention from their own mistakes or blunders). They have been planned by specific people -- often one specific individual can be pinpointed. The targets have been carefully chosen. And the mass murders have been preceded by a systematic program of weapon confiscation, facilitated by gun-control laws.

From GUN CONTROL AND PATTERNS OF GENOCIDE

by Alan W. Bock in Orange County Register, 9-11-94

I do see your point... however I do not agree.... and thats ok...like I said thats what makes us all unique

O well...

Either way could be right...

That 'Canadian' Video is NRA propaganda that they produced in 2008 to rally Americans. I thought then that none of it would come true and I can tell you for sure now that none of it has.

The statement in that video that people were "turning in weapons rather than being bothered to do the paperwork on them" was used several times to 'prove' that gun control is a bad thing. How is that a bad thing? If you can't be bothered to fill out a form will you be bothered to insure the safety of that firearm? Yes tons of firearms got turned in for destruction in Canada. Those of us that got permits were offered dozens of them by family and friends, come pick them up we never wanted them anyway, Dad's guns, or we just don't want them anymore, collecting dust. They were junk. They were rusty, they were jammed, they had been stored in the barn, the shed, the attic, the crawl space. Many were dangerous. Many would have blown had ammunition been put through them. And the ammunition! Had to see some of it honestly. Corrosion, mismatched, all in some box stored under similar bad conditions.

It was a good clean up. I doubt that many serious collectors items got destroyed. Guns were filtered through dealers and again friends before going for destruction. I delivered a few myself and none of them would have shot safe anyway. The rest were just unwanted. Can't argue with that.

I don't know the gun laws up there in Canada or if the videos were true or not, i just know what i see and read on the Internet
even if its not true never let your guard down.
believe it or not some of your politicians would like you to not have any weapons..

more info i read..is it true i dont know

Gun politics in Canada **more at this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Canada

Gun politics in Canada is controversial, though less contentious than it is in the United States. Civilian firearm owners in Canada mainly consist of citizens who want to keep their right to hunt for sport and subsistence, which is important for many aboriginal peoples, as well as target shooting sports and collectors. As far as the Firearms Act of 1995 is concerned, self-defense is not a valid reason to acquire a firearm in Canada. Controls on civilian use of firearms date from the early days of Confederation, when Justices of the Peace could impose penalties for carrying a handgun without reasonable cause.[1] Criminal Code of Canada amendments between the 1890s and the 1970s introduced a series of minor controls on firearms. In the late 1970s, controls of intermediate strength were introduced. In the mid 1990s, significant increases in controls occurred. A 1996 study showed that Canada was in the mid-range of firearm ownership when compared with eight other western nations. Nearly 22% of Canadian households had at least one firearm, including 2.3% of households possessing a handgun.[2]

As of December 2009, the Canadian Firearms Program recorded a total of 1,843,913 valid firearm licenses, roughly 5.4% of the population, with a total of 7,459,504 registered firearms (September 2009). The four most licensed provinces are Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and British Columbia.[3]

Royal Canadian Mounted Police**more here
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm

Snapshot
•As a result of public consultations, the amnesty for certain owners of non-restricted rifles and shotguns has been extended until May 16, 2011.
•During the amnesty, individuals who are taking steps to bring themselves into compliance may not incur criminal liability for unauthorized possession of a non-restricted firearm under section 91 or 92 of the Criminal Code.
•Affected firearm owners must comply with the licensing and registration requirements of the Firearms Act or lawfully dispose of their firearms by the amnesty deadline.
•There is also a time-limited opportunity for certain eligible individuals who have an expired POL to apply for a new POL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom