Firearms

I've been around firearms all my life, and I can still remember the first tin can I ever hit! I used to also be a licensed firearms dealer and currently hold both a C&R (collectors) license and am a certified CCW holder (concealed weapon).

After all these years, I am of the firm belief that everybody ought to own four firearms:

1. A 4"-6" .357 Magnum revolver
2. A .30 caliber rifle (.30-30, .308, .30-06, etc.)
3. A 12 ga. shotgun with variable choke(s)
4. A .22LR rifle, preferably bolt action.

Of course you can have more, but most anything that needs doing can be done with one of these.

Quote:
If you can only have one gun, this is the one you want. Interestingly, this is the one gun I don't have, but am looking....

Good response. However, there is one more - so the one, single gun you should have is actually two.

Im speaking of the 12 ga shotgun of course. If youre gonna buy the one, buy both.

Last edited:
Answer this question:

JUST HOW MANY GUNS DOES ONE PERSON NEED?
idunno.gif

Answer:
Just one more!
gig.gif

Let's see... which one will it be? This one... oh yes... Just one more... that one... sure... but just one more....

yuckyuck.gif

but ohhh so true. they are addicting.

I started out with a SigSauer P229 Operation Iraq Freedom .40
and it just snowballed into

WalterPPK .380 hand ground
Judge .45/410 3 inch barrel. - AWESOME handgun
Baretta AL391 20 G. then I had to get the 12g of course, 20 was not big enough....
tongue2.gif

Mossy 12 g with both barrels for deer and waterfowl. That is my beat the snot out of user gun. 'Ole faithful' to speak
Winchester 70 270- hand carved stock (original)
Winchester 222
Mauser .22 single bolt action
the best play toy for target practice? SigSauer Mosquito .22
Taurus .357 Snub
My CCW?, Smith and Wesson Airweight .38 snub
Browning 12g (newer)
I have a couple of army rifles (3)

I have a few left on my list I would like to get yet.....
My DH keeps telling me that I have enough guns for a woman... silly hubby, guns are for girls....
cool.png
and for protecting my flock~

Browing Belgiun12 g. A5
another Berretta AL391 12g.
Ithica 12 g.

geeze, yea, it is an addiction!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
For taming that Mossy, you need one of these http://www.blackhawk.com/product/specops-adjustable-shotgun-stock,1158,1447.htm

I
think Amazon has it at a better price, I need one for my recently repaired shoulder as it will be a while before I dare put a high power anything up on that right shoulder. Ouch, can't even raise my arm high enough yet to hold a .22 lr rifle up against it. Have to use handguns in left hand. I have not yet learned the knack of shooting long guns one handed against my left shoulder.

OTT, all I got to say is the DH doesn't know the full value of a good woman, or maybe he is just jealous.
lol.png

BTW - if anyone wants specific recommendations about firearms or their use, please feel free to PM me. Im not an expert, but I've been a firearms trainer and expert rated marksman in the military, have held and currently hold federal firearms licenses and am currently a CCW permitee in my state.
I say this not to puff myself up, but because such threads sometimes "disappear," due to the nature of the discussion.
There are better places than a chicken board to discuss firearm specifics, after all.

But if you are not inclined to visit such places, preferring the warm glow of BYC, well... that's understandable.
In that case, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Back
Top Bottom