Fires have devastated so many here

When my husband told me this morning about the deaths the tears just started flowing. I got an email from my Mum yesterday morning to say they are ok. They live in the Grampians area of Vic which was pretty much destroyed with the last big fires. My Mum is also with the CFA.

Keeping all my Aussie friends and family in my thoughts and prayers.

I read about this yesterday on CNN.com. Such a tragedy... Hang in there, and stay safe.
hugs.gif

Hi, I live faraway from it all at least 9 hours drive , but my heart is with everybody over there. I wish i could offer practical help, Im gathering items which i was going to sell in a garage sale to donate to them, clothes etc, what a mammoth task they have to sort everything. There will be truckloads.
Id love to help rehabilitate the wildlife if they could get them here in a truck.
I hate to think of the animals walking around suffering right now, I cant bear to watch them on TV.
God Help all those people.
hit.gif

Just bumping this to remind us to remember our friends down under ... a good friend of mine lives in the Melbourne area and while her town hasn't been affected, she has friends and family in some of the affected areas and she is frantic. Let's pray this gets under control ASAP, and that the death toll doesn't get any higher.

Amen to that, thankyou.
Ive had electrical problems here where some spikes have caused every appliance to blow since Thursday.
Ive lost my Hot water, TV, Jug, Fridge, Blowdryer, security system and havent had a hot shower since Thursday.
None of this compares to what they are going through.

I also lost my beautiful Chook "Blackie" I tried everything to make her better, she got sick suddenly and i suspect secondary poisoning from a mouse who had taken bait.
Rest in Peace my beautiful friend. Gosh i miss her, she was the only one who followed me around.
hit.gif

OMG!! I just read an article on CNN that says 111 people have died from the fires! Bantymum - I am so glad you are safe. My heart goes out to all of our 'friends down-under' ! You are in my prayers!

Lisa
sad.png

Last edited:
It's just shocking for all those people in Victoria. I am 100 of kms away from there( in qld). Last official toll I heard was 108 dead, 750 homes gone and up to 80 people missing.

Last edited:
Sounds like the "Santa Ana" fires that get So. Cal almost every year here.

God speed and best wishes for our friends down under.

I was just reading your post when one of my students called me to tell me my nephew's GF's house just burned down,, they have a brand new baby in the family, the water heater caused it. Everyone is ok, but it was close.
I hope the situation there gets better, we have a lot of wild fires going here too.

Back
Top Bottom