Fires have devastated so many here

The CNN report also said that 2 towns have been completely wiped out, nothing left!! Can you imagine!

Lisa
sad.png

It is so hard for us that live in Australia to imagine and we all know what this country can be like. The extreem heat and lack of rainfall can cause horrific fires every summer but this lot by far is the worst ever in Australian history. Some of the picture of towns totally gone, cars burnt out on the sides of roads etc is just unbelievable. Death toll now they are saying is 128 and could reach as high as 200. More towns are under threat. Keep the people of Melbourne and surrounding areas in your thoughts.

Last edited:
I saw the news about the fires this morning, and said a quick prayer for all the BYC friends and theird friends and families.
This is such a terrible tragedy. I can't even imagine. The news said some people were caught by the fire while in their cars trying to escape. How terrifying!!

We will be praying...our area is prone to grassfires...had one on Friday that almost got a town but they were able to stop it. Hopefully they will get your fires stopped

My FIL just returned from Australia after living in Sydney for several years.
Beautiful country.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all

This is just horrible beyond words....

Thank you to those Aussies that have checked in, I am so thankful y'all are safe. How many Aussies are members? Does anyone know? I wonder how the others are doing....

Back
Top Bottom