Fireworks....

ChickenGeek_101

Songster
Dec 7, 2017
So I posted the other day about my light Brahma pullet having issues then passing the following morning. After a few days of thinking about it almost constantly, fireworks keep coming to mind.

So my main question is, Can fireworks kill chickens?

She was fine 4th of July morning, I didn't notice any behavior changes or anything different from normal.
She had plenty of access to food, water, and shade.

Any suggestions for the future of my flock will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We lit off fireworks this year and the shot pieces had like this hard rocky looking stuff. I don’t know if you lit them off close enough but maybe she ate some?

We lit off fireworks this year and the shot pieces had like this hard rocky looking stuff. I don’t know if you lit them off close enough but maybe she ate some?
I didn't shoot any off, but my neighbors did. They live a long enough distance that she couldn't have eaten any.

It's very possible fright killed her. Some sound like "bombs", scares the heck out of me. I always bring my girls (nice part about having a few) in from their Chicken House into the brooder in the patio and check on them alot through the night.

Loved playing with fireworks when younger but these days, some of that stuff is really scary and loud.

Back
Top Bottom