First 4 egger day!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hispoptart, Nov 5, 2011.

1. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    I am so excited, I just went out to clean up poop to find 4 eggs in the coop!!! We have 2 RIR and 2 BR's and have only been getting 3 eggs a day for the past 2 months, I didn't think one of the BR's was laying because she would not squat for us. I figured she was at the top and was a tom hen. Well yesterday she was dropping in front of me like crazy. I told DH before I went out to the coop today about how she was squatting like crazy yesterday. I told him she wasn't fluffing yet but figured it would be soon that we got a 4 egger day. Went out about 10 mins later and there they all were! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sleepy71

Sleepy71 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Congrats! We just found out that our only layer has put out 2 eggs each day for the last 2 days. I was really surprised.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Congrats hpt! There will be many 4 egg days in your future now...lol (and there'll be a few 2-3 egg days too). [​IMG]

Sleepy - I'd double check your potential layers...

4. Sleepy71

Sleepy71 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Quote:I'm pretty certain it's the same layer, since both eggs were brown (but not exactly the same shade) and that's supposedly our only brown egger. The other two lay white or blue, but they've not yet laid for us.

5. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Awesome! That is an exciting milestone for sure!

6. newchickens2009

newchickens2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    BAHAMAS
    Quote:I'm pretty certain it's the same layer, since both eggs were brown (but not exactly the same shade) and that's supposedly our only brown egger. The other two lay white or blue, but they've not yet laid for us.

I think you have 2 brown egg layers? [​IMG] I've never heard of a chicken that could lay 2 eggs in 1 day?

7. ChickenKid11

ChickenKid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Quote:That is great!!!!! Good to see some one from CO for a change!

8. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I think you have 2 brown egg layers? [​IMG] I've never heard of a chicken that could lay 2 eggs in 1 day?

Yeah...colored eggers can also lay brown eggs. Many assume that EEs will only lay blue/green, but they also lay pinkish and brown.

9. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Quote:That is great!!!!! Good to see some one from CO for a change!

Thanks, are you from CO?

10. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Quote:I think you have 2 brown egg layers? [​IMG] I've never heard of a chicken that could lay 2 eggs in 1 day?

Yeah...colored eggers can also lay brown eggs. Many assume that EEs will only lay blue/green, but they also lay pinkish and brown.

Laying two eggs in one day is like having two full-term babies in 9 months. Biology is cool, but there are things that just physically can't be done:rolleyes:.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by