First 4 egger day!!!

hispoptart

Free Ranging
12 Years
Apr 14, 2011
NW Colorado
I am so excited, I just went out to clean up poop to find 4 eggs in the coop!!! We have 2 RIR and 2 BR's and have only been getting 3 eggs a day for the past 2 months, I didn't think one of the BR's was laying because she would not squat for us. I figured she was at the top and was a tom hen. Well yesterday she was dropping in front of me like crazy. I told DH before I went out to the coop today about how she was squatting like crazy yesterday. I told him she wasn't fluffing yet but figured it would be soon that we got a 4 egger day. Went out about 10 mins later and there they all were!
wee.gif
D.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
I'm pretty certain it's the same layer, since both eggs were brown (but not exactly the same shade) and that's supposedly our only brown egger. The other two lay white or blue, but they've not yet laid for us.

Quote:
I'm pretty certain it's the same layer, since both eggs were brown (but not exactly the same shade) and that's supposedly our only brown egger. The other two lay white or blue, but they've not yet laid for us.

I think you have 2 brown egg layers?
hide.gif
I've never heard of a chicken that could lay 2 eggs in 1 day?

Quote:

hide.gif

Yeah...colored eggers can also lay brown eggs. Many assume that EEs will only lay blue/green, but they also lay pinkish and brown.

Quote:
hide.gif

Yeah...colored eggers can also lay brown eggs. Many assume that EEs will only lay blue/green, but they also lay pinkish and brown.

Laying two eggs in one day is like having two full-term babies in 9 months. Biology is cool, but there are things that just physically can't be done:rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom