First Aid Kit

Can you provide that link or information, so that I can read it? Where do I go to read about this?

Thanks

Call your states dept of agriculture, USDA, and FDA offices. 

Edt. I wanted to add, when i first called the ag. dept. i wasn't even thinking about asking about this, I had called to check on my testing date for npip. They goofed and transferred me to the wrong extension so i asked them.

I was asking about info for your state, so I can talk to my State Vet about it. Where can I find your state's NPIP regulations as it relates to banned drugs? Can you post that please?

That was all over the phone kgurl. It was described as a federal thing not a state level to me. Both npip and the FDA ban are at the federal level.

Ok. I have tried to find information on the internet and I can't find anything. I will ask the guy who does my annual NPIP re-certification to find out if that is true.

You need to contact the higher ups not a testing agent. He gets paid to band and test, not to know all the rules of the program. Im looking too and the only wording on my paperwork is compliance with state and federal regulations, which the banned drugs would fall into. I would hate to see someone screwed over or loose their npip or flock over someone not knowing the regulations. I have talked to my testing agent when he called to say i was on the list, but in all honesty he couldn't really answer any questions i asked him other then the testing banding procedure.

You need to contact the higher ups not a testing agent. He gets paid to band and test, not to know all the rules of the program. Im looking too and the only wording on my paperwork is compliance with state and federal regulations, which the banned drugs would fall into. I would hate to see someone screwed over or loose their npip or flock over someone not knowing the regulations. I have talked to my testing agent when he called to say i was on the list, but in all honesty he couldn't really answer any questions i asked him other then the testing banding procedure.

This guy is not just a "testing" agent. He is a little more than that. ;) I just sent an email to the person that I know will know. He won't get it until Monday. I will let you all know what he says. I always like to read the Do's and Don'ts. I like to have something I can reference back to.

This guy is not just a "testing" agent. He is a little more than that. ;) I just sent an email to the person that I know will know. He won't get it until Monday. I will let you all know what he says. I always like to read the Do's and Don'ts. I like to have something I can reference back to.

The guy that does the mandatory flock testing for the reportable diseases in our area is an actual Doctor. When I was talking to him about the issues at the feed store, he knew all about which drugs were banned and why. If you guys don't find anything, I'll give him a call.

This guy is not just a "testing" agent. He is a little more than that.
wink.png
I just sent an email to the person that I know will know. He won't get it until Monday. I will let you all know what he says. I always like to read the Do's and Don'ts. I like to have something I can reference back to.
While i was setting eggs i talked to two other owners that are npip. Both have been told use of any banned drug will get npip pulled period. Was also informed they dint have to have proof you have used it at all. Having a banned drug on premises is enough to get your npip pulled. I'm not trying to be an ahole but if i was you id delete anything off the forum having to do with using baytril at all. I know for a fact fish and game agent patrol this forum. If they do it you know feds do too. Their inspector checks their drug supplies each time he is there.

From what I was told by Ada (Alabama dept of Ag,), using baytril can be cause for your npip cert to be pulled. The ban is worded so any use in any poultry bird is banned. Pet bird has a very descriptive definitions, but chickens and turkeys are considered poultry not pets. Pet bird include parrots ect. Its yalls call but I will not even purchase anything from a farm or individual that uses baytril at all.

Added note: The FDA can order all your birds confiscated and or destroyed if baytril use is suspected.
Is it worth that risk to you? It isn't to me. Plenty of other drugs that work well that are NOT banned.

Excerpt from https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart/baytril-for-birds
"There are other serious concerns that have caused Baytril to be banned in the US from use in poultry used for eggs or meat.
  • When exposed to Baytril, Campylobacter bacteria may become resistant to Cipro, a primary medicine used for treating people infected with food poisoning or urinary tract infections. If this bacteria is in a chicken and is not killed during cooking of eggs or meat from a chicken that EVER took Baytril, a person eating the food might not be able to be treated successfully with Cipro."

RobertH

Back
Top Bottom